Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Better interface between El Grande and Fusion?

I am very much enjoying the Fusion and the shorty stick that it comes with.  Unfortunately, that stick is a bit short for my 11 y/o kid who doesn't have long enough arms.  Resulting footage, if I zoom out far enough to see him, is too much fish-eye / little-planet.

We bought the El Grande pole, and really like the extension of it.  I'd love to find a ball mount to three-finger mount though -- without having to go through the quick attachment plate.  As seen on screenshot below, the quick-mount plate doesn't disappear in the video, and it rather unsightly.

Any suggestions?  I looked through the gopro site and don't see any accessories I could use...  Thanks,

tom.

screenshot 2019-04-05 at 9.20.19 PM.jpg
GoPro

Re: Better interface between El Grande and Fusion?

We're stoked to hear that you are enjoying the GoPro Fusion!

Check out the information listed on this article: Fusion Tips & Tricks

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Well, I purchased a 3d-printed ball-with-fingers part from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:603877.  It arrived today, and the ball diameter is a tad too small -- the ball is a bit loose. Two wraps of electrical tape padded it out, and now it fits great.  I don't plan to swivel it, so this solution works for me.  Attaching a few photos below.

IMG_20190429_163441.jpg
Tourist

IMG_20190429_163514.jpg