Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

Update substandard. Video non opus Adobe Media Encoder 2017 ut vos can partum per procuratorem praestari files C Adobe Premiere Pro 2017.
Quare **bleep** upgrade software, vos potest stare **bleep** non maior progressio, video edendis 360?

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) Unfortunately it always crashes

GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) Unfortunately it always crashes while rendering my movies. Unfortunately there is no error message. When a movie is partially finished and you can play it, is the movie overhead?

Highlighted
Explorer

What do you mean by, "overhead"?

What are your computer specs?

If you contact the GoPro Support Team they can take a look at your system and make suggestions for optimizing.

I have an i7 32GB RAM GTX 1050 ti SSD and the Beta Fusion Studio works fine for me. You just might need a little tweeking of your system or upgrade your specs.
Highlighted
Tourist

"overhead" = 180° reversed
Computer:
- ASUSTeK ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING

- SSD 
- 16 GB
- Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry, I still don't understand re: "overhead". I tried YouTube but couldn't find any videos describing 360 overhead or 180 reversed (except some car companies describing their dash cams) 😉

Anyway, your computer system should be powerful enough (I had 16 GB RAM and get much better performance with 32 GB so you might want to consider it). Contact the GoPro Support Team by chat (not phone) and they can look at your system and see if there are any settings/drivers you might need.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) Unfortunately it always crashes

I have had issues with crashing I was able to work around.  The number one issue seems to be a problem with memory deallocation, because if you move a large amount of content (20mins+) onto a fast hard drive, and try to use those local files to render 360 video, your systems memory will be consumed unitl there is no more available, when fusion software suddenly just vanishes without a word.  If you watch your memory consumption, and pause / resume the video periodically, the memory consumption will gradually fall back down to baseline while paused.  Try ctl-alt-del > task manager, Performance, and just watch that memory usage %, when it gets close to 100%, pause until it gets back to baseline.  When I run overcapture renders straight off the camera, this problem does not come up at all.

Highlighted
Tourist

@semegraph
If I copied the video data to a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB and loaded it into the program with GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) for editing, the video data will be displayed 180° upside down. When rendering the program crashes after a while. If I put the same video data on a normal HDD hard disk, everything is displayed correctly in Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) and I can calculate the video data without problems until the 360° video is finished.

I think GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (beta) has a problem with managing SSD system.

Thanks for the tip semegraph. You helped me a lot :0)

@ danielr15
Overhead = when the video is displayed the wrong way around, it is rotated 180°.
o° right around, not rotated. 180°, image is rotated. The video is displayed rotated. If you do a handstand, then you are overhead. Do you understand now???

Highlighted
Explorer

@chuebi 

OK, so you are saying that after you have rendered your video, the output file plays upside down, correct?

Since we are discussing 360 video, 180 can also refer to a half turn to either the left or right horizontally.  I've never had the output file come out in any way other than how I had it set in Fusion for render and output.  Are you using one of the OverCapture settings? I always export as vr 360 and do my edits in Adobe Premier Pro, so this may be why I'm not experiencing this.