Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

Hi, I just downloaded the Beta update. Howcome I can't find the option to edit in overcaptue in Adobe Premier 2019?

Highlighted
Nomad

Have you renderd the footage as a 360 degree video in the GoPro Fusion Studio app first?

Have you also downloaded an installed the Beta Plug-ins for Adobe Premier 2019?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @gaudioeeoo and @struanw,

Are you using Windows?

Those update is for Windows. 

Have you tried checking the updated page?\

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Beta-Updates-for-Fusion-and-for-GoPro-Fusion-Studio-Now/m-p/2...

Thanks!

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @irishmanpdx yes i did render via fusion studio. Also I downloaded the new plug ins.

I rendered the footage from the previous fusion studio. Would that matter?

@graytree76514 I’m using a Mac. I’ll check those links you sent. Thank you
Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft 

Thanks for all the hints. I was happy to read that finally the Fusion should be able to deliver

• RAW photo support for night and time-lapse modes with intervals of 5 seconds or longer.

But unfortunately, after installing the new firmware, I only get RAW support for night mode and (day) time-lapse. NOT for night time lapse photos. There is a row saying RAW in the settings for night timelapse, but no option can be chosen.

What does that mean? May we hope that someday it will be possible to shoot night timelapses in RAW?

I cannot imagine that this feature is so hard to implement - While it seems obvious to me that RAW images are most important for night timelapse shooting...

Best, Benjamin

Highlighted
Nomad

Are you trying to select the options directly from your camera or via the GoPro App?  The current app may not support all the new firmware functions and settings, so you may have to select the options you want directly from the Camera menu's.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much!  I was having a lot of crashing issues with the official version, this beta has solved many of them.  The new import chapters as separate videos feature is particularly helpful, it prevents a crash I repeatedly experienced when it tried to render the previews for a 1 hour and 28 minute video made up of many 7 minute chapters.

One issue that persists for me is an accumulated memory consumption issue in the main rendering process, which I experience even when rendering a 3 minute video.  I am running Windows 10, Fall Creators edition, with 32GB ram and a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with all latest updates installed. 

The process works fine, except that my RAM usage according to task manager gradually climbs during the encoding process.  After about 10 minutes, I have to pause the encoding process before it reaches 100% or the application crashes.  If I wait, the RAM drops back down to 10% or so gradually over about a minute, then I can start the encoding again.

As long as I keep an eye on the process, I can encode my hour long video successfully, but it would be really helpful if the application could sense its memory consumption reaching the system's limit and pause encoding until memory consumption drops below a certain threshhold.  Then I could just leave this application encoding all night without worry.

If anyone in QA or development would like them, I'd be happy to send some sample footage, system resources data, etc.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just a little interface feedback.  

Also needs contextual (mouse-over) help on most of the major features.  It needs to be a priority to make this easier for people to use and produce good results.  I shouldn't be going to YouTube to get directions on how to use your software and hardware.  

Oh, and stop letting Ikea write your quick start guides.  SMH.

2019-02-05_1435.png