Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

After some tests I can ay it is caused by the Cineform Codec, Prores does work.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta) Unfortunately it always crashes

I think that depends on the hardware involved.  If both are an option then I can see it as having an incamera stitch at a lower resolution vs stitching on a PC at a higher resolution.

However, makes more sense not to have that as an option.  If the camera can do the stitching onboard, then not only do you cut down on the workflow and time required by the end user, but you no longer have to have an entire department trying to  fix the current version of GoPro Fusion Studio.  You also don't have to keep that department active dealing with every new issue caused by the latest driver update for a graphics card, processor, hard disc drive... etc.

This also proves true for those working on the GoPro App, with in camera stitching you cut down on people having to update the app to work with every new phone release, O/S release, hardware and software combination out there....

Everytime someone has an issue stitching video or photo's using either their mobile device or their PC, it makes the product look bad.  Eliminating that possibility not only free's up staff, but also cuts down on user complaints, improves the end users experience and reduces the negative press associated with a bad experience.

Highlighted
Nomad

Glad you got it working, sucks to be relegated to just one video codec though.  How about audio, are you able to render with stereo & 360 or are you just stuck with stereo audio as an option.

Highlighted
Hiker

Audio does work in stereo and 360°, I need to reeconde the videos with a different program anyway. Since fusion studio doesn´t allow 264 beyond 4K.

Highlighted
Nomad

the h.264K codec has a maximum efficient resolution of 4K, it's actually a codec limitation and not an issue with the software.  It has been used for higher resolutions but the end files sizes have been larger compared to h.265 codec. Hence above 4K, programs tend to use a better codec.

It's also why I have been finding workarounds for stitching that don't use the h.264 codec, I don't want to drop the video quality down to 4K.  (also it doesn't work with TrailBlazer).

One would hope that GoPro have a team working on an update to Fusion studio, but since it's been over half a year since the last update which (imho) offered a slight bump in resolution but with worse reliability.....  I'm not seeing it as likely.  Especially if the Fusion 2 is going to offer "in camera" stitching, then why waste the resources on an Fusion Studio update if no longer needed?  I hope I'm way wrong and would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath for an update...

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes the files are larger, but h.265 requires more cpu/gpu power to decode and isn´t widely supported. Plus the encoding is insanely slow.

Highlighted
Nomad

Aye, encoding with h.265 either requires extremely capable hardware or you need to record in smaller bites, 30 seconds to 2 mins at a time.  I've recorded some flights that lasted over an hour and rendered them using my laptop (i-8750 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz, Nvidea Gforce GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDram, 512gb PCIe NVme M.2 SSD) and it's taken over 12 hours for stitching to complete.  It's great for short clips, but long ones like that, I usually start them at night time so they are complete by morning time.  

Using Adobe Premier Pro as my editor, I very rarely use h.265 as an output option, just takes far too long for encoding.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

bonjour,tout vos concurrents (insta 360,dji)ce sont adaptés à premiere pro et after effects 2020 et malheureusement encore une fois un train de retard que ce soit sur les updates des cameras,des app ou des logiciels.Fusion studio 1.4 ne marche pas sous 2k20 et je ne veut pas etre imposé à rester sur premiere pro 2019.ma gopro fusion m'avais couté 730 euros pour un suivi mediocre sur la partie software en parallele de cela j'ai une camera insta one x de chez insta360 la difference est enorme tout le temps des mise à jour pour augmenter les possibiltés creative de la camera, le logiciel insta studio est une merveille de simplicité et d'efficacité adoubé par le plug in premiere pro (meme 2020!!)Gopro vous etes une marque connu mais vous pensez que seul la marque suffit,actuellement non!derriere aucun suivi sofware si ce n'est chaque année acheter un upgrade de la camera precedente et de laisser tomber le produit.J'en veux pour preuve la fusion est enterrée au profit de la MAX qui subira le meme sort.En tout cas pour la camera 360 vous avez perdu un client en me poussant à aller voir ailleurs et j'ai trouvée mieux,en me respectant en tant que consommateur avant tout.Kodak pensait etre intouchable.......