Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ New ]

Happy New Year! 

We’re happy to announce some exciting updates to Fusion, GoPro Fusion Studio and the supporting Fusion plug-ins. These updates and features are being made available as a public beta.  

New Firmware v2.0 (Beta):

• New 5.6K/24fps video mode (captured at 5.8K resolution and stitched to 5.6K). This new mode pushes the image quality of Fusion even further, both in resolution and internal image processing, while delivering a cinematic 24fps.
  • New 5.6K/24fps time-lapse video mode.
  • RAW photo support for night and time-lapse modes with intervals of 5 seconds or longer.
  • General bug fixes.

New GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta): 

• Adds 5.6K exports for the new higher resolution 24fps mode.
  • Adds support for importing time-lapse photo from sub-folder folders, when using Adobe Lightroom rendered GPR RAW time/night-lapse sequences.
  • Adds a preference control to import long videos in separate chapters for faster imports.
  • Adds support for importing Fusion clips without .LRV files.
  • Improved stabilization quality for all modes (particularly for 24fps).
  • Improved stitch quality for videos with large exposure differences between front and back lenses.
  • Enhanced image processing to improve outputs for all modes.

New Adobe Premiere CC 2019 and Adobe After Effects CC 2019 plug-ins:

• Updated GoPro VR plug-ins for Adobe Premiere CC 2019 and Adobe After Effects CC 2019.

Full details and downloads are available at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

Backpacker

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ New ]

no chance of my laptop coping with 5.6k, but i'm certainly going to try the new FusionStudio thank you

i won't lie, i thought GoPro had given up on the Fusion

GoPro

[ New ]

We haven't, @duanem8. Let us know how it works out for you. 

Explorer

[ New ]
SWEET!
Nomad

[ New ]

Managed to very quickly edit my GoPro Fusion Footage using Adobe Premier 2019 thanks to the new plug in's.  So happy GoPro released this update!

Sightseer

[ New ]

There's a glitch with the menu in the gopro app. it doesn't give me an option in resolution nor in frames per second

Backpacker

[ New ]

Just a raw video test from the GoPro Fusion new higher res files. 

Nomad

[ New ]

@sigvazquez

Known issues and considerations:

• When using 5.6K/24fps video/time-lapse video mode and RAW time/night-lapse photo modes with the GoPro App, the resolution, frame rate and RAW settings will show up as blank in the GoPro App and cannot be changed.  For these new beta modes, please use the settings menu on your Fusion to configure your capture mode.
Nomad

[ New ]

@duanem8

Like you I was sure that GoPro would kill the Fusion early on this year.

Still it's to early to say if the new update will make it more competetive.

In any case this beta release shows that a feature update was urgent.

Nomad

[ New ]

New beta update does not improve picture quality in any way.

https://youtu.be/JPHXU88HQuk

GoPro Fusion's 2.0 firmware update (Jan 2019) increased the resolution to 5.6K! I compared the new video quality to the previous 5.2k video quality, and with...
Explorer

[ New ]
Tested today and there is significant improvement when using the GoPro mobile app. Before the stitch line was very visible when rendered using the mobile app and now it is virtually gone. Other than with objects very close, it is un-perceivable. Quality has also improved at the edges of the lens, so I'm happy with that.

My issues:
When I first tried importing, trimming, and saving files from Fusion with the mobile app it was not working. I could view media but saving would result in failed attempt messages. When I tried to trim my videos, it would appear to work, but nothing would be saved. Trying to grab a screen shot resulted in a blank black box.

I deleted the app, restarted my phone and reinstalled.

This time trimming and saving worked fine, but screen grabs still do not work. Instead of a black box, now I'm getting a bluish box with what appear to be the top and bottom meeting points of the lenses. Hard to explain, but regardless, it's not working when I try to grab a screen shot.

As this is Beta, I expect there to be issues, but clearly GoPro is moving in the right direction and I could see significant improvement.

Fusion has reigned as the top 360 camera for awhile now, only recently to be overtaken in reviews for the 360 One X. Mostly this has been due to a better mobile editing experience with minor improvements in quality which GoPro is clearly addressing. It's amazing at just how far ahead GoPro was at the start with Fusion and how it's only now that competitors are catching up. If GoPro can improve the mobile editing experience and clean up this update, they will be moving back into the #1 position again.

@jefft I'll be leaving feedback here https://gopro.com/feedback
As this is Beta firmware/software, is there another place or form where GoPro would like feedback posted?
Nomad

[ New ]

@danielr15

GoPro confirmed at CES earlier this month that a Fusion2 is coming this year.

Clearly a upgraded to the picture quality needs more than a firmware update.

While the date has not been given to the public, I would guess before the summer.

The financial report scheduled for february 6 will probably give more details.

Explorer

[ New ]
@agilestoke40735
I'm not sure what your point is in addressing me directly. Do you honestly think my assumption is that GoPro will not come out with newer cameras for the 360 market?

Picture quality is already pretty awesome with Fusion, so I'm good for now. If anything, the next iteration of the the Fusion needs to address things like protective lenses and underwater recording. The image quality is great already. The Beta Firmware improves what is already great, and so the differences are not that apparent. However it is a noticable difference when using the mobile app.

For me, I just want to see continued improvements on the editing side (mainly mobile). Since a new Model of the Fusion will only further this development, Fusion 2 is great news for those of us who currently own Fusion and for those considering purchasing it at the now reduced price. With the trade up, and knowing further development is continuing, the current Fusion is a worthy purchase.
Tourist

[ New ]
We great for me I can see the VR Plug-ins in After Effects but NOT in Premier 2019.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @gaudioeeoo. See the information below: 

Special note on installation for plug-ins:

• If you install any version of Fusion Studio (1.3 or 1.4 Beta), the installers will install the old plug-ins.
  • After you install Fusion Studio (any version), remember to install the Adobe plug-ins from the links (see article here) to install the versions that support the 2019 versions of Premiere and After Effects.

Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, Mariustanya - Yes I followed the instructions several times with no success. I deleted everything Adobe and GoPro and still no luck. I even created a new profile on my computer for a clean install. No luck. It works for After Effects though just not Premier 2019. I think it has something to do with Adobe not fully removing past versions of 2019 or 18 even though I select the option to remove preferences. I can make a youtube video capture if you will work with me to troubleshoot? Version 12 is working but kept the Firmware upgrade on the Fusion.

• After you install Fusion Studio (any version), remember to install the Adobe plug-ins from the links above to install the versions that support the 2019 versions of Premiere and After Effects.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I just downloaded the Beta update. Howcome I can't find the option to edit in overcaptue in Adobe Premier 2019?

Nomad

[ New ]

Have you renderd the footage as a 360 degree video in the GoPro Fusion Studio app first?

Have you also downloaded an installed the Beta Plug-ins for Adobe Premier 2019?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gaudioeeoo and @struanw,

Are you using Windows?

Those update is for Windows. 

Have you tried checking the updated page?\

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Beta-Updates-for-Fusion-and-for-GoPro-Fusion-Studio-Now/m-p/2...

Thanks!

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @irishmanpdx yes i did render via fusion studio. Also I downloaded the new plug ins.

I rendered the footage from the previous fusion studio. Would that matter?

@jayr3438 I’m using a Mac. I’ll check those links you sent. Thank you
Tourist

[ New ]

@jefft 

Thanks for all the hints. I was happy to read that finally the Fusion should be able to deliver

• RAW photo support for night and time-lapse modes with intervals of 5 seconds or longer.

But unfortunately, after installing the new firmware, I only get RAW support for night mode and (day) time-lapse. NOT for night time lapse photos. There is a row saying RAW in the settings for night timelapse, but no option can be chosen.

What does that mean? May we hope that someday it will be possible to shoot night timelapses in RAW?

I cannot imagine that this feature is so hard to implement - While it seems obvious to me that RAW images are most important for night timelapse shooting...

Best, Benjamin

Nomad

[ New ]

Are you trying to select the options directly from your camera or via the GoPro App?  The current app may not support all the new firmware functions and settings, so you may have to select the options you want directly from the Camera menu's.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks so much!  I was having a lot of crashing issues with the official version, this beta has solved many of them.  The new import chapters as separate videos feature is particularly helpful, it prevents a crash I repeatedly experienced when it tried to render the previews for a 1 hour and 28 minute video made up of many 7 minute chapters.

One issue that persists for me is an accumulated memory consumption issue in the main rendering process, which I experience even when rendering a 3 minute video.  I am running Windows 10, Fall Creators edition, with 32GB ram and a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with all latest updates installed. 

The process works fine, except that my RAM usage according to task manager gradually climbs during the encoding process.  After about 10 minutes, I have to pause the encoding process before it reaches 100% or the application crashes.  If I wait, the RAM drops back down to 10% or so gradually over about a minute, then I can start the encoding again.

As long as I keep an eye on the process, I can encode my hour long video successfully, but it would be really helpful if the application could sense its memory consumption reaching the system's limit and pause encoding until memory consumption drops below a certain threshhold.  Then I could just leave this application encoding all night without worry.

If anyone in QA or development would like them, I'd be happy to send some sample footage, system resources data, etc.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just a little interface feedback.  

Also needs contextual (mouse-over) help on most of the major features.  It needs to be a priority to make this easier for people to use and produce good results.  I shouldn't be going to YouTube to get directions on how to use your software and hardware.  

Oh, and stop letting Ikea write your quick start guides.  SMH.

2019-02-05_1435.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hotpuppy

Thanks for the feedback.

We'll have this shared with the team in charge.

Please continue check our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Regards,

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Test footage of a render shooting 5.6K @24FPS.  This was rendered using GP Fusion Studio 1.4

What I did notice is that when the footage rendered (I used Pro Res settings at 5.6K) is that the clouds had a "jumping" motion to them.  Everything else seemed to be fine.  You can see what I'm on about at tne 1:08 mark.  Unfortunately it's harder to make out with the Youtube compression, but it's very obvious on the original rendered footage.

Tourist

[ New ]

I didn't see anywhere on that page to provide feedback.  If GoPro is engaged in the type of software development where the developers hide in a dark room, consume caffeine and sugar, and pretend to know everything about the use cases..... that's bad news.  It's impossible to produce the best product without an active an open communication channel with your end-users.  

The Fusion UX (from hardware to outputting footage) is confusing and poorly documented.  I don't see how GoPro can move beyond early adopters and bleeding edge users without providing either an Apple-like intuitive experience, or use-case "recipes" that lay out a step by step path to success for a few outcomes.

If such "recipes" exist I would love to have access to them.  It took me hours of trial and error yesterday to achieve a file that Facebook and YouTube would recognize as VR360.  I suspect most of the issue is in Adobe Premiere Pro, which was updated immediately prior to trying to install the 1.3x plug-ins.  However, if I'm outputting footage from Fusion Studio as Stitched, but editable, I'd expect to be able to edit in PP and not lose the VR component.

While it's fantastic that GoPro has an app and a desktop applicatoin so that the average user can edit their footage, I don't think that's what more advanced users do.  And lacking more advanced features, they probably aren't going to.

My point in participating in the forum and posting this feedback isn't to bash you... but it is to make clear that I'm disappointed in GoPro.  I feel like I bought into a 80% product that stands a good chance of failing and becoming an orphan.  I think GoPro can do better.  There are massive leaps forward in quality between my defunct Hero's and the Hero I bought last year.  I call it a 2018 Hero because frankly I can't tell the models apart.   Heck, I can't even tell a GoPro 5 Black and my Hero "2018" apart side-by-side.  

Hiker

[ New ]

How do I edit RAW photos in the newest version of Fusion Studio?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi Mariustanya, 

I have the same issue as @gaudioeeoo,  I'm using a mac, adobe 13 and have no plugins in Premiere, but they are are there in Aftereffects.

I've had the camera for 2 months and haven't been able to produce the videos it was purchased for as I can't edit.

I've followed the beta instructions to the letter and no joy.

Really need some help here... please don't tell me  I've purchased a Lemon?

Kier

Tourist

[ New ]
@kieranm65477 you have to downgrade your premier one version. Make sure you delete all preferences as well. I actually kept the firmware upgrade on the camera and the beta studio. Fusion is really an amazing product once you get into reframing. I'm using a loaded HP Omen cube windows. Over capture on Android or iPhone is a joke. I was playing videos back in the VR player than doing screen capture to get good results now I'm doing it all in premiere and it's legit. I just recently purchased a hero 7 black and my faith and GoPro has been completely restored. I can't wait for the next version Fusion. After screwing around with Samsung VR for 2 years, even with its problems Fusion is the best 360 solution out there for semi-pro users.
Nomad

[ New ]

There has been a few users having issues getting the Adobe Pluggins to work with a Mac and the latest edition of Premier.  

I myself use a HP Omen Laptop running Windows 10.  Using Fusion Studio 1.3 and Adobe Premier Pro 2018 worked just fine.  However when Adobe Premier pro 2019 came out it would not recognize the GoPro Fusion Pluggins at all.  There were of course instructions on how to copy the pluggins from the 2018 version and copy them into 2019 and this did seem to work, however I found that using the pluggins would result in a number of errors when trying to use the VR Reframe pluggin.

Luckily GoPro released the Beta Fusion Updates 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

and these seem to work flawlessly with Premier Pro 2019.  There is Beta Firmware in there as well as an updated version of Fusion Studio (1.4) and pluggins for Adobe Premier 2019.  However to get the pluggins to work properly in a windows environment (and I'm not sure if this will apply to a mac environment) here is what I had to do.

Uninstall Adobe Premier Pro.

Reinstall Adobe Premier Pro (I currently have both 2018 and 2019 installed)

The install Fusion Studio 1.4 (this will install the old Premier Pluggin's for 2018, not 2019).

The do a seperate install of the Adobe Premiere and After Effects VR plug-ins.  The link is on the download page above for both Mac and Windows.  This will install the latest pluggins that support Adober Premier Pro 2019.

After doing the above, I can now successfully edit video in Adobe Premier Pro 2018 and 2019.  

Hiker

[ New ]

I filmed this at 5.6k, 24fps with the GoPro Fusion pole extended (rendered with Fusion Studio 1.4). It seems like it's a water drop on the lens below? I kept licking the lenses to avoid this (which works great on the Hero7) but does that not work on the Fusion? Would filming/rendering at a different resolution have avoided this?

GoPro Fusion - 5.6k

Nomad

[ New ]

A water drop on the lens did in fact cause this, so now it's showing part of your selfie stick in the shot (the drop of water acting like a 2nd lens itself, thus causing the issue).  Rendering at a different resolution wouldn't make any difference as this artifact is in the recording itself.  Licking the lens only helps bead up condensation into large drops that can be whipped away by an air current.  With the Fusion facing you, you're effectively blocking the wind on the lens facing you.  To reduce water build up you can adjust the angle of each lens into the wind.  There may also be a market for a selfie stick with tubing running down it that connects to a small can of compressed air that can blow the lens clear.......... what could possibly go wrong?

Hiker

[ New ]

Why does licking the lens work for the Hero7 but not the Fusion? Is it because I'm technically licking the "lens protector" on the Hero7 and they're made of different materials?

Nomad

[ New ]

They are indeed made of different materials, one being a glass lens the other being a rugged but possibly plastic lens protector.  Also they are a different shape, one being a curved lens, so possible overhang of water droplets on the curve while the other is completely flat and allows water to drip down easily.  

As far as I know you can use substances on the lens protector to bead up water, but I believe it's not recommended for the actual camera lens itself.

Tourist

[ New ]
ATTENTION j'ai fait cette mise à jour béta avec Fusion v2.0 Beta... les applications Studio sur PC fonctionnent très bien, mais avec l'app pour Samsung S9+, je vois les images dans la grille, mais je n'ai plus d'image sur le smartphone si je filme en live ...
Explorer

[ New ]

I use a housing I picked up on amazon and a product called Clarifii on the lens.  The housing can effect the stitch line but with Clarifii on the lens covers it helps to prevent water drops.  Licking is also an option.  

A note about using Clarifii and/or licking. This is not the same as using a product like Rain-X.  Rain-X works by improving the beading of water.  In high wind this is advantages (like a car windshield) because the windblows the beads off the glass easier.  Licking or using a product like Clarifii causes the water drop to spread over the lens and prevents beading.  This is more advantageous if you don't have a constant wind flow hitting the lens.

When using a product like Clarifii or licking the lens, you must dip the camera in water periodically.  You will notice that when my son was using the camera on the surf board there were water drops.  This is because he didn't dip the camera in water.  When I have the surfboard, there are no water drops because I dipped the camera anytime it started to dry.

I also tried using Clarifii directly on the Fusion lens, but it didn't work out as well.

Tourist

[ New ]

I confirm that my Galaxy S9 + works very well with App GoPro Android when the Fusion camera is installed firmware version 1.80.

On the other hand, when the firmware Fusion 2.0 version is installed on the Fusion camera, the GoPro App app for Android does not allow you to see the images of the Fusion camera.

I specify that with version 2.0 Beta of the firmware installed on the camera Fusion, the recordings of the fusion are excellent and are transferable on computer for use with Fusion Studio v1.4 (beta)

I can not be clearer in my explanations ... it is to signal to the developers that the GoPro App for Android does not work properly when the Firmware version 2.0 Beta installed on the camera :)

jean-claude

in french ...

Je vous confirme que mon Galaxy S9+ fonctionne très bien avec App GoPro Android lorsque sur la camera Fusion est installé le firmware version 1.80.

Par contre, lorsque sur la camera Fusion est installé le firmware version 2.0 Béta, l'application App GoPro pour Android ne permet pas de voir les images de la camera Fusion.

Je précise qu'avec la version 2.0 Béta du firmware installé sur la camera Fusion, les enregistrements de la fusion sont excellents et sont transférables sur ordinateur pour utilisation avec Fusion Studio v1.4 (béta)

Je ne peux pas être plus clair dans mes explications ... c'est pour signaler aux développeurs que l'App GoPro pour Android ne fonctionne pas correctement lorsque le Firmware version 2.0 Béta installé sur la caméra :)

jean-claude

Explorer

[ New ]

@jicece33 

Please see my reply here.

This is a member to member support community.  To give feedback for GoPro, please use the feedback form.  It is not necessary to post the same information on several different post/categories. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi! I'm very interested in the new firmware/software features. I'm going on holiday in five weeks, any chance that the firmware will be out of beta by then? If not, do you recommend using FW 2.0, or stay at 1.8?

Thanks

Explorer

[ New ]
2.0 is slightly better in general and will allow you to capture at a higher resolution. I've been using it recently and have noticed an improvement. The files are larger though, and rendering seems to take a little longer, so there is that to consider.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Are these updates you mention above all available on a new fusion camera if purchased and how are these updated being received / perceived so far? Also... any plans to enhance system to have ability to upload to the cloud, Dive housing, karma compatible, live streaming from front camera, better slow motion mode greater than 2X, or auto upload to phone?

Seriously, if this camera had some of those features it would be an easy choice. I'm in the waiting game right now because of these missing capabilities... 

Any info would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Nomad

[ New ]

Are these updates you mention above all available on a new fusion camera if purchased.

The only update for the camera is the "beta" firmware.  Due to the fact it's "beta" this means you have to download it yourself and install it yourself and see if you yourself like it. 

The other software is for Adobe Premier Pro and a new edition of GoPro Fusion Studio.  They are not on the camera as they are stand alone plugin's and programs for a Windows or Mac PC.  As with most GoPro software, you have to download these and install them on your PC or Mac yourself.

and how are these updated being received / perceived so far?

I find them quite good, however for a more technical review I suggest you look online and do a little research.

Also... any plans to enhance system to have ability to upload to the cloud,

What's to stop anyone uploading to the cloud?  It's your footage, you can do anything you want with it.

Dive housing

Due to the nature of stitching 360 footage, underwater scenes just don't work well.  They aren't impossible to do, they just aren't great.  The GoPro Fusion is water proof to 10 meters.  There is also a 3rd party dive housing you can buy but whether or not it's a good purchase is not something I intend to find out with my Fusion.

karma compatible,

I've seen people attach the GoPro Fusion to a drone and the results have been ok.  I prefer to see a fully produced drone video than a "go for a ride and look around" video myself.  I doubt GoPro are doing anything to make it "karma compatible" as it seems to be a waste of time to put effort into developing additional software for a discontinued drone product.

live streaming from front camera,

Live streaming is very camera hardware dependent.  I doubt this camera will ever offer live streaming.  However GoPro have mentioned they are working on the Fusion 2 and maybe this would offer a form of live streaming, however it would most likely be a 360 live stream with a possible overcapture function.  

better slow motion mode greater than 2X,

That would be hardware dependent and it's possible different frame rates and resolutions would be on offer than what's currently in use.

or auto upload to phone?

Possible, but that would be dependent on a newer itteration of the GoPro App capable of handling the specs of the camera and if those specs have been agreed upon at this stage.

Explorer

[ New ]

Are these updates you mention above all available on a new fusion camera if purchased.

Yes, but you need to perform the update.

and how are these updated being received / perceived so far?

Fusion is considered one of the best 360 cameras in the sub $1,000 range.  The BETA firmware works great.  Only issue is some settings compatibility with the current GoPro app.  This is known and n the BETA update notes.  Otherwise, it adds pixels to the resolution, so all good.

Also... any plans to enhance system to have ability to upload to the cloud,

I assume yoy mean to GoPro Plus.  Footage that has been created with OverCapture via the app is automatically uploaded to the cloud.  if you do it through your computer, you need to do it manually.  It's not going to happen straight out of the camera because the images have not been stitched or processed.

Dive housing

There are two dive housings available right now, and both come from 3rd parties.  The first looks like a standard waterproof housing.  It works fine, but stitch lines are much more visible above and below water.  I'll attach a video I made below.  Because of the light refraction underwater, the stitch line suffers considerably. The second is the 360Bubble.  It works fairly well and has some positive reviews.  The negative is that it is bulky, traps heat, and if it's not sealed perfectly, will leak and then fog up.

karma compatible,

You can easily attach to the bottom of Karma.  You just need to attach a flat mount to the bottom.  Fusion doesn't need a gimbal and it would be silly to use a 360 camera for the main POV, so in this sense, yes, I guess it already is Karma compatible.

live streaming from front camera,

Live streaming may or may not come with an app update, but most likely if it is, it will be for the new 360 camera.  You wouldn't want to live stream from just one lens.  The distortion and vignetting of looking through just one lens is not appealing.  

better slow motion mode greater than 2X,

Maybe.  If it happens, it will come in the new spherical camera.

or auto upload to phone?

Maybe with the new app, but you really don't want this.  The files are HUGE.  You are basically taking one 4K video and doubling it.  It's better to do this manually so you can trim the video prior to import and select just what you want.

Explorer

[ New ]

Explorer

[ New ]

Here is a video with different resolution and export settings.  One thing about this video, I used a 60fps timeline sequence, which was a mistake.  Because 5.6K is in 24fps and 5.2K is in 30fps, during apnning motions a jittery is created.  This is not in the original video.  The video was created in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 with a timeline of 1080p/60fps and exported with 30 bitrate target and 45 bitrate max, and without max depth or max quality selected.

Tourist

[ New ]
So, 5 months on, any sight of this coming out of beta?
Explorer

[ New ]
Probably not. GoPro is releasing a new spherical camera this year. The Beta firmware for Fusion was most likely to help test the software that will go into the new camera. Most likely, they have moved on from this release and are working with a new version. This doesn't mean Fusion might not get any more updates, but it's unlikely. If it does, it wont be this specific version coming out of Beta, but rather the next iteration of it.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah, that would make sense (let's hope they bump up the sensor resolution in the new hw revision).
Is image quality only improved for video capture in the beta? Most of my footage is jpeg timelapses - is there any benefit?
Explorer

[ New ]
The Beta release of Fusion Studio has better stitching, especially when each lens is exposed differently. It also allows you to import time-lapse photo from sub-folder folders so you can use Adobe Lightroom rendered GPR RAW time/night-lapse sequences. The camera Beta firmware allows you to shoot RAW photo time lapse, which will significantly improve your shots, but as far as jpeg is concerned, I don't think there is any change.