Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

A water drop on the lens did in fact cause this, so now it's showing part of your selfie stick in the shot (the drop of water acting like a 2nd lens itself, thus causing the issue).  Rendering at a different resolution wouldn't make any difference as this artifact is in the recording itself.  Licking the lens only helps bead up condensation into large drops that can be whipped away by an air current.  With the Fusion facing you, you're effectively blocking the wind on the lens facing you.  To reduce water build up you can adjust the angle of each lens into the wind.  There may also be a market for a selfie stick with tubing running down it that connects to a small can of compressed air that can blow the lens clear.......... what could possibly go wrong?

Highlighted
Hiker

Why does licking the lens work for the Hero7 but not the Fusion? Is it because I'm technically licking the "lens protector" on the Hero7 and they're made of different materials?

Highlighted
Nomad

They are indeed made of different materials, one being a glass lens the other being a rugged but possibly plastic lens protector.  Also they are a different shape, one being a curved lens, so possible overhang of water droplets on the curve while the other is completely flat and allows water to drip down easily.  

As far as I know you can use substances on the lens protector to bead up water, but I believe it's not recommended for the actual camera lens itself.

Highlighted
Tourist

ATTENTION j'ai fait cette mise à jour béta avec Fusion v2.0 Beta... les applications Studio sur PC fonctionnent très bien, mais avec l'app pour Samsung S9+, je vois les images dans la grille, mais je n'ai plus d'image sur le smartphone si je filme en live ...
Highlighted
Explorer

I use a housing I picked up on amazon and a product called Clarifii on the lens.  The housing can effect the stitch line but with Clarifii on the lens covers it helps to prevent water drops.  Licking is also an option.  

A note about using Clarifii and/or licking. This is not the same as using a product like Rain-X.  Rain-X works by improving the beading of water.  In high wind this is advantages (like a car windshield) because the windblows the beads off the glass easier.  Licking or using a product like Clarifii causes the water drop to spread over the lens and prevents beading.  This is more advantageous if you don't have a constant wind flow hitting the lens.

When using a product like Clarifii or licking the lens, you must dip the camera in water periodically.  You will notice that when my son was using the camera on the surf board there were water drops.  This is because he didn't dip the camera in water.  When I have the surfboard, there are no water drops because I dipped the camera anytime it started to dry.

I also tried using Clarifii directly on the Fusion lens, but it didn't work out as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

I confirm that my Galaxy S9 + works very well with App GoPro Android when the Fusion camera is installed firmware version 1.80.

On the other hand, when the firmware Fusion 2.0 version is installed on the Fusion camera, the GoPro App app for Android does not allow you to see the images of the Fusion camera.

I specify that with version 2.0 Beta of the firmware installed on the camera Fusion, the recordings of the fusion are excellent and are transferable on computer for use with Fusion Studio v1.4 (beta)

I can not be clearer in my explanations ... it is to signal to the developers that the GoPro App for Android does not work properly when the Firmware version 2.0 Beta installed on the camera :)

jean-claude

in french ...

Je vous confirme que mon Galaxy S9+ fonctionne très bien avec App GoPro Android lorsque sur la camera Fusion est installé le firmware version 1.80.

Par contre, lorsque sur la camera Fusion est installé le firmware version 2.0 Béta, l'application App GoPro pour Android ne permet pas de voir les images de la camera Fusion.

Je précise qu'avec la version 2.0 Béta du firmware installé sur la camera Fusion, les enregistrements de la fusion sont excellents et sont transférables sur ordinateur pour utilisation avec Fusion Studio v1.4 (béta)

Je ne peux pas être plus clair dans mes explications ... c'est pour signaler aux développeurs que l'App GoPro pour Android ne fonctionne pas correctement lorsque le Firmware version 2.0 Béta installé sur la caméra :)

jean-claude

Highlighted
Explorer

@jicece33 

Please see my reply here.

This is a member to member support community.  To give feedback for GoPro, please use the feedback form.  It is not necessary to post the same information on several different post/categories. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi! I'm very interested in the new firmware/software features. I'm going on holiday in five weeks, any chance that the firmware will be out of beta by then? If not, do you recommend using FW 2.0, or stay at 1.8?

Thanks