Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Best gimbal for Hero 5?

Any views?

There's obviously the karma grip but I'm not reading great reviews - picking up motor noise etc. Evo GP pro seems to rate well, but interested to know your experiences!

Thanks

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Best gimbal for Hero 5?

youtube  check out some reviews decide what works best for you 

Highlighted
Explorer

Karma Grip is by far the best gimbal for stabilization. I don't pick up any motor noise as this was addressed in early camera updates.

The issue most people have is the overall audio the Hero5 Black gets when the side media port door is removed (which is required to plug the camera into a stabilizer). The Hero4 Black and Silver seem to do much better (I mostly use my Hero4 Silver) but don't really fine either camera's audio to be terrible, however the Hero4 is better. If you want profession audio, using a seperate audio recorder/mic is what you'll want to do (with any gimbal, not just Karma Grip).

As far as durability, the Karma Grip feels much sturdier than any other gimbal I've ever used and handles bumps/shakes very well. It's not rated as waterproof but it is weatherproof. Unless your dunking it or using it in heavy rain, it holds up really good.

I have two Karma stabilizers. One that I have on my Karma drone with a Hero5 Black and a second Karma Grip I use with a Hero 4 Silver. It's going on almost a year now and they both are working great.

It's a good idea to check online reviews, but be sure to check when they were released, if the author notes of the Grip, stabilizer, and camera were updated (and to what firmware), and if the reviewer is truly unbiased and not just peddling another companies products.
Highlighted
Adventurer

lets not sell people  it is in your opinion the best. and IMHO tthere are other gimbals on the market that  cater to all needs not  the best in the world if asked

Highlighted
Explorer

Pretty sure the question was about personal experience with the Karma Grip, which I personally use (and I do have other gimbals that I no longer use). If others have personal experience with the Karma Grip, I'm sure the OP swirls like to hear those as well.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Actually site speaks for itself, search through out hte   threads and posts and  you'll read about many thing here. enjoy

Highlighted
Explorer

True, considering most people only come to the community support if they they have an issue, there are very few complaints or issues regarding the Karma Grip when taking into account the total number sold and the very few unique commenters. As I noted, most complaints are audio (not being able to connect a seperate mic primarily) or the user having problems updating. If course you'll have those that got a defective unit, but they are hardly the norm.

Do you have a Karma Grip Fish? I'm curious to know what your personal experience with it has been.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

due to the issues I read here money saved  the EIS is  good enoigh to do the job ?  Will you let me borrow yours?????  Maybe I will have a cnahnge in mind