Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Best Settings for Filming Underwater in northern Norway

Hi there,

we will go do some snorkelling with whales in northern Norway next December. So it will be rather low light conditions, especially when being in the water.

What seething should I chose to have clear videos/pictures at the end? I would have opted for 4K (in order to watch it later on my 4K TV...) but not sure how this setting along with FPS is best given the rather low light environment we are in.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Best Settings for Filming Underwater in northern Norway

Hello @einzwei

Thank you for reaching out. You can actually use 4K, 60 fps with Wide FOV for capturing underwater scenes with your camera. For more into such settings. this article presents other recommendations. 

Although you have a different camera model, but you might also be interested with users sharing of their preferred settings for filming underwater. You can follow the discussions through the links below: 

I hope this helps. Have a great time on your trip! Do post when you get back. We'd love to see the whales!

Cheers, 
Marius 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Best Settings for Filming Underwater in northern Norway

Hello @einzwei

Thank you for reaching out. You can actually use 4K, 60 fps with Wide FOV for capturing underwater scenes with your camera. For more into such settings. this article presents other recommendations. 

Although you have a different camera model, but you might also be interested with users sharing of their preferred settings for filming underwater. You can follow the discussions through the links below: 

I hope this helps. Have a great time on your trip! Do post when you get back. We'd love to see the whales!

Cheers, 
Marius