Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Beep Volume Level Hero 7 - suggested features

I have two suggestions for Hero 7 beep volume: (1) Low beep volume level is still fairly loud in many environments that I typically encounter. How about making this even lower and maybe have a wider range between the low-medium-high volume steps? (2) When manually turning off beeps using the screen pull-down icon, then later turning back on during the same session, the orignal beep volume is retained. However, if camera is powered off before turning the beeps back on, the beep volume level defaults to high when powering up again. Since I always use the low setting, this requires extra steps to reset via the menus again. Retaining the original beep volume level for all situations would be helpful. Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Beep Volume Level Hero 7 - suggested features

Hi @steve8181

The last beep volume set on your camera would be retained when you power on or off the camera.

Thanks you for your suggestions regarding the volume, we'll have this shared to the team in charge.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for reply Ej. However, you are only partially correct that the beep level is maintained when both powering on or off the camera. If the beep is at low, medium, or high when powering off, that level is retained when powering back on. But, if manually silencing the beep with the pull down icon and powering off while in that state, the beep level reverts back to high when powering up again. Re-read #2 in my original post. Thanks. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the clarification, @steve8181. Disabling and enabling back the Camera Beeps using the quick buttons (pull down screen) will eventually set the beep volume to 'high' by default.

I appreciate your feedback. I'll pass this along to our team.