Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Battery removal difficulty

I just bought my first GoPro and I bought the hero 6. Really cool device so far. I bought a second battery and when I tried to switch out the batteries, the tab used to pull the batteries out, ripped off. I had to use tweezers to pull the battery out, damaging the battery. This also happened with the replacement battery. The battery compartment was incredibly snug. So much so, that the battery was not easy to remove. Is this a design flaw or perhaps simply a poorly manufactured individual device? Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Battery removal difficulty

Hi @boldcave31671,

The battery can be a bit tight at first to get in and out of that compartment. After using my camera for a little while now it is much easier. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team however to see if there is anything they can do about the battery tab issues. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldcave31671,

The battery can be a bit tight at first to get in and out of that compartment. After using my camera for a little while now it is much easier. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team however to see if there is anything they can do about the battery tab issues. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem. The tab ripped off from the battery, while trying to remove the battery to get to the serial number of the camera. I needed the serial number of camera(the only way is to remove battery) to register at GoPro.

I need help too.

thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Interestingly, you could not make a fingertip on the battery cover to make it easier to open.
Interestingly, you've made this part of the battery very bad.
The battery did not want to go out...
I had to defeat the battery.
This is the last time I buy something from your company.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue here, ribbon attached to to battery detached.
Can you help me how to resolve this ?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jiping80738

It would be best to contact our Support team so they can look into options for you. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I am too facing same issue tip of the battery to get the battery out from camera ripped off, I've got a second battery that to gave same issue the battery compartment very poorely build and no room to get the battery out other ways. Camera is awesome but the source of battery is poor then camera goes waste. please work on this battery part and let me know if you get any type of fix for this issue. I've two batteries with tip ripped off. I really enjoyed the first footage of my camera while trekking at Sahyadris.