Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Battery only charges to 98%

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:
I've heard of a few people with issues with the battery getting stuck. I can only speak about my personal experience. I use my GoPro cameras extensively (HERO5 and HERO6), have eight batteries (most the Samsung Variant) and have never had an issue with jamming or the tab coming off.

I appreciate your input and participation, but I think you might be basing some of your facts on anecdotal experiences that may or may not give an accurate assessment. Also, it's very important to remember that with millions of cameras sold, there have been relatively few complaints or issues reported (especially with the battery).

I've actually had one get stuck and then the tab ripped off. I sent it back (amazon) and they replaced it. I use the Hero 5 and Hero 6 (both Blacks) for 3 to 5 fishing trips every week. I have 6 batteries that get rotated.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes. Unfortunately, it does not help if someone reports an error and others report that they do not have this error.

GoPro cameras are a mass product of average hardware / software quality and most buyers are satisfied with it.

That's why I can understand that GoPro does not respect the few dissatisfied customers who have very high expectations.

Nevertheless the cameras are cult and I like them. Most still my Hero 3+ Black.

Highlighted
Explorer

@tj311

Yes, your experience kinda supports what I'm saying.  Of your six batteries, one or about 16% have given you an issue.  I'm not saying that it doesn't or hasn't happened to some, but more so that it isn't EVERY or even close to half of these cameras/batteries that have issues.

@nima-langsam

I don't think it's fair to say GoPro doesn't "respect" the people who have issues.  First, look at this forum for example.  Not all companies provide for an open forum for people to post their issues and of those that do, many remove negative comments about the product.  GoPro does not delete these, even when wrong.  Additionally, GoPro provides a one year warranty (even longer in some countries) and has a well established reputation for replacing devices, even when the damage was not due to manufacturer error.  In fact, often GoPro will replace cameras even when the damage was clearly the fault of the user (I personally know this to be true and it's one of the reasons I started supporting GoPro by participating on this site).

Highlighted
Tourist

Daniel, OK, "respect" was the wrong word. More suitable would be "do not take it seriously".

For whatever reason, GoPro always gives the same three solutions to almost every problem:
1) Check SD card
2) Perform manual update
3) exchange camera

I was and I'm not happy with the hardware and software development of the camera, because I just put too high demands. But nevertheless I find it heroic of you how you defend GoPro ;-)

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here.. received Gopro7 Black... unable to charge to 100% + draining super fast.. scrolling thrue setting 10 min. gave me 62 % left.. :(

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @davidt3286,

Please try to reset the camera and install new update. 

Also may I know how do you charge the camera?

How long does the battery last?

Please let us know so that we can check.

Thanks,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Forgot to mention, Already did a factory reset and manually reinstalled the latest FW 1.51.... I tried to charge through usb port, and 2 diff usb adapters plugs 5v 2.0A
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @davidt3286,

Please try to observe it for now.

Try to let it drain and charge, this time charge it on a wall socket. 

Then leave it there charging for at least an hour then let us know if issue persist. 

Regards,

-Jay