Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Battery issue

I recent purchased a GoPro hero 7 black. On thing I’ve noticed is that the battery doesnt charge to 100 percent. Only to 84 percent. Now I thought it was because the battery. But then I tried using another battery(different brand) and it still came up 84 percent. So I out ruled the battery. Now before you tell me it’s my sd card. I’m going to say it can’t be because it works just fine in my hero 4. It’s hasnt given me any problems since I’ve had it, until now using it in my hero 7 black. My software is up to date so the only conclusion I can come up with is that there’s a problem with the software. Is there anyway you can fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Battery issue

As Daniel said above try and run a manual update by putting the update on a SD card and letting the camera update without internet or using the GoPro App.  There are many way to update but the one GoPro really recommends is putting the update on a SD card and letting the GoPro update by the SD card.  

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black (use the manual update method)

Even if you have updated your software on the camera to the lastest its recommended that you do it again manually.  Sometimes they claim by doing a "refresh update" by using a SD card to update wipes out problems it may have encountered using the GoPro Apps update. 

So its not hurting the camera by giving it another update on top of whats in it!  You can update it as many times as you like...  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Have you run a manual update?
HERO4 and HERO7 are two very different cameras.
Have you tried charging with the SD card out of the camera?
Have you tried charging both in a wall charger with 5V 1-2A and the GoPro cable for 2 hours?
Have you tried charging on a computer USB port for 4 hours?
Have you completely discharged and charged the battery at least 3 times?
Highlighted
Hiker

As Daniel said above try and run a manual update by putting the update on a SD card and letting the camera update without internet or using the GoPro App.  There are many way to update but the one GoPro really recommends is putting the update on a SD card and letting the GoPro update by the SD card.  

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black (use the manual update method)

Even if you have updated your software on the camera to the lastest its recommended that you do it again manually.  Sometimes they claim by doing a "refresh update" by using a SD card to update wipes out problems it may have encountered using the GoPro Apps update. 

So its not hurting the camera by giving it another update on top of whats in it!  You can update it as many times as you like...  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for all the info. I manually updated the software. I didn’t see a change. So then I plugged in the GoPro cable into the GoPro n charged it that way and it work. It read 100%. So thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!