Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Battery issue....discharge

[ New ]

If I leave the battery in the camera, it slowly discharges. It looses about 4% discharge overnight. 

I have the GPS turned off, WiFi turned off and blue tooth turned off.

Yesterday I updated the firmware.

What am I missing?

Once the battery is fully charged and I start using the camera, I feel I get what is considered normal usage out of the battery. I have two new batteries and both are GoPro batteries, not after market batteries. 

Barry G. Kery

GoPro

Re: Battery issue....discharge

[ New ]

Hi @foggyshore03658

4% battery discharge overnight is pretty decent.

What version is the camera on?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Version? Do you mean........GoPro Hero 7 Black with two original GoPro version batteries.

I also have a Hero 3 Silver. When I leave the battery in it, which I ALWAYS did from day one, I can come back two months later and it's never less than pretty much a full charge. 

I don't get it? If I have everything turned off in the Hero 7, there should be no current drain. 

When I first noticed it was shortly after I purchased the 7. I fully charged both batteries. A week later I went to use the camera and the battery in the camera was at 68%. I figured I left something turned on but needed the camera NOW. So I put the extra battery in and it showed 100%. Off I went. 

When I came home, I looked at all of the settings for the camera. I don't remember if I forgot to turn something off or now, but looked and was comfortable that now everything was off. The other day I went to use the Hero 7 and what was a fully charged battery from the night before but now showed a discharge. Watched a YouTube video and they suggested a fireware update. Did same and still have what I figured is an issue. For now I just remove the battery. As for the Hero 3 Silver, it's still fully charged and the last charge was two months ago. 

SO.......why does the 7 discharge and the 3 does not?

I guess it's by design?

Thanks for responding.

Barry

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @foggyshore03658

To check the version of the camera, go to Preferences>About> Camera Info

You can also try turning Voice Control off.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

So Sorry.

Version: 01.90

Barry

Tourist

[ New ]

PS: Voice control was off and still is.