Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Battery is not charged and also camera freezes

I'm using hero 6 and has been having an issue with device, 1) camera doesn't not start charging unless I take out a battery from camera and hold power bottom for almost 10 seconds, 2) red light is not turned off when GoPro is charged, 3) GoPro is not charged 100%, it's always around 96%. I bought a new battery but having same issue so I don't think it's a battery issue, 4) Goro freezes and need to take out battery and hold power botton for 10 seconds to restart GoPro. Softwear is updated. I have no idea what else I can do.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Battery is not charged and also camera freezes

The next path forward is to test with a different battery. If you do not have any extra to test with, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to assist. You can give them a call, or initiate a chat. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @supervista76426

Have you updated the camera software manually? If you have and the camera still exhibits the same issues, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with the next steps. You can reach them via phone or chat.

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I went to manual update instruction for hero 6, but after entering serial number and email address, next page is address error and doesn't take me to anywhere and couldn't do manual update.
Highlighted
GoPro

Let me help, @supervista76426. Will you be able to send me a picture of the error page? I tried going through the steps and I was able to proceed to the next step and download the update folder. Try clearing cache and cookies, or use a different browser. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried with different browser and got to update my Goro manually. After that I started charging my GoPro and red light was on for a while. After maybe 30 mintutes, I cheeked it and red light was off but battery was only charged 80%. So I don't think manual update didn't solve the issue yet. Is there any other way that I can try?
Highlighted
GoPro

The next path forward is to test with a different battery. If you do not have any extra to test with, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to assist. You can give them a call, or initiate a chat. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried with another battery but it still has same issue..
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update. Our Support team will be able to help you with the next steps.