Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Battery installed backwards and is stuck in HERO7 Black

[ New ]

I accidentally put the battery in backwards (not upside down), and now it's stuck in the camera.  I can't open the battery door enough to pull it out.  I'm afraid to force the door for fear it will break.

Any suggestions?

IMG_4585.jpg
Nomad

Re: Battery installed backwards and is stuck in HERO7 Black

[ New ]

Your battery door should be able to open much further than that.  

battery.JPG

The only way it may not open that far is if you somehow damaged the battery door when trying to force it closed on an incorrectly placed battery.  Try seeing if you can adjust the door until it opens properly.

Hiker

[ New ]
The reason it wouldn't open more was because the battery was in backwards, and wasn't setting properly in the slot. I was finally able to slide it enough to get the battery out. Unfortunately, I bent the door near the hinge in the process. I sent photos to gopro support to see if it might still be waterproof, but haven't heard back. I have the housing so I guess I'll just have to use it at all depths when diving. I'm beating myself up pretty good over this 🤦🏻‍♀️.
IMG_4589.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @myemerald

It will be best to reach out to Support to follow up on your case.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
aragon1006, will do, thank you :)