Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Battery drain when turned off

I just got my new go pro 7 black 2 days ago.  it's my first action cam and it looks and feels great but what is up with the battery draining overnight? the battery is draining when the camera is off!  I have been reading all over the forums about this issue and it seems to be wide spread with no fix in sight.  Would love to hear from the admins on this and when it will be fixed.  I have tried all sudgestted fixes and nothing has worked.  Wifi, GPS, Voice is off.  even re-updated the camera.  Hoping to raise more awareness on this issue and get this fixed.

FYI:

GoPro Hero 7 Black

2 new official batteries

Sandisk Extreme 128 Gig (it's on the list)

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Battery drain when turned off

Hi @sunnywater86245

This has been reported to the team in charge.

Other users suggest to take the battery out of the camera after charging then insert it back on the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hola, tengo el mismo problema.

Como convivo con el? Solo al apagar y esperar los 8 pitidos la camara debe apagarse al instante, si esto no ocurre y se apaga unos segundos despues, entonces tengo drenaje de la noche a la mañana a 0 , cuando la camara se apaga al instante, no existe drenaje significativo, solo un 2 o 3 % cada 24 hs, cuando la apago y no se apaga de inmediato, la vuelvo a encender y la apago, y asi hasta que se apagueal instante, nunca me ha pasado mas de 2 veces que no se apague al instante, espero te sirva, Saludos

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you! i will report back after my trip this weekend. I'll be using the camera :)