Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Battery drain when off

No. You have a broken camera. Get it fixed under warranty.

Sightseer

My settings did have "Wireless Connections" set to on.   Would changing this to Off be enough to keep the battery from dying?   I will try this and see if the battery keeps dying.

Thanks.

Tim

Tourist

[ Edited ]

If you leave WiFi on, then your battery will die in a few hours. That is to be expected. Blue LED should be blinking periodially indicating that wifi is on. You can turn WiFi on/off without going into the settings or turning the camera on for that matter.

Sightseer

@snowystar86 , I don't believe the Hero 7 black has the blue light or the wireless enable/disable button like older generation GoPros had.   I will disable the Wifi and see if my battery drains like it was draining.

Tim

Sightseer

Just read through the thread on the battery draining, I have the same issue with my GoPro 5 with the battery constantly draining when it's left in the camera with the power turned off. Just about the go on holiday for Easter in the UK and I charged the battery last night, popped it into the camera housing and this morning, it's as flat as a pancake, (No WiFi on either). Therefore, the same issues experienced as previously mentioned in this thread. Keen to learn what can be done about this.

Tourist

My camera was the same. The camera had to be replaced to fix it. Luckily mine was just in warranty when I approached gopro. Try and push for a replacement as it is clearly a product issue
Tourist

I'm a long time out of warranty and have just had to suffer with it the past few years and spend out on more replacement batteries in the hope it would improve but never did.

Adventurer

Hero 5  Black my model has  a depletion if I keep the  Wuick Caption off in hours its dead.  My Yi they added a percentage  nuber in firmware to the dicator and ever since my  battery depletes as well. going back to older firmware  can not fix it,  a mystery why it depletes.   So I wonder if theyse bugs are viruses written in by  people who know they are to be canned down the road.  SOrry  just saying  we never know what happens over there....