Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Battery door issue

Hi, fam! I bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black just like 3 days ago. I think it has an important defect: i was putting the battery in the slot, but i had some difficulties as it was hard insert. After putting it  the battery door didn't close properly. I mean, after i flush the door one corner of the door comes out and this makes me worried. Some water could pass through it. Do you have the same problem? I attach one pics.

IMG_0995.JPG
Adventurer

Re: Battery door issue

I return the camera, and  check the batch they sold a bad lott of these that the door is slightly off.  Remember  ther Hero 7 black is to be improved  for waterproofness aswella b etter model also that will be the choice to make in a few weeks.

Defect   if you want to dunk it do take out hte battery do take cotton do not dnk pass a cm or more just enough to   get under the line and    dry off and open if htecotton is 100% dry you got your answer. mentioned  a number of times here .  good luck

Tourist

Do you think they could consider as a defect even if the battery is 100% dry? It could get worse imo.
If GoPro assistance decide to accept my request to repair, do they give me a completely new one? It's a pity, i bought this three days ago

Adventurer

3 day old purchase camera can easily get returned, refund or exchange.    it's a defecct door closes smooth not off set.

Hiker

como envias foto? a mi me pasa igual pero la puerta de bateria se nota mas en el mio que esta abierto, hay solucion. yo estoy mas preocupada porque compre hace 60 dias y no me di cuenta hasta hoy
GoPro

Hi @anivlis,

Please contact our customer support team instead so that they can check it for you.

They are available via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

@osvaldos11713 wrote:

Hi, fam! I bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black just like 3 days ago. I think it has an important defect: i was putting the battery in the slot, but i had some difficulties as it was hard insert. After putting it mybkexperience the battery door didn't close properly. I mean, after i flush the door one corner of the door comes out and this makes me worried. Some water could pass through it. Do you have the same problem? I attach one pics.

I was facing the same issue, but I think I got the solution now.

Hiker

I send it to gopro, they will change it for another one, it will arrive these days, it was defective, get in touch with gopro on Monday, a chat there they will tell you what to do,