Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Battery Help!

Hi, apologies if this is a dim question but I’ve just bought a Hero 7 and plugged it in to charge - there is no light and will not switch on - is this normal?
TIA

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Battery Help!

Hello @sweetdawn77334. It is definitely not normal for the camera to not show any indicator light when charged. Are you using the GoPro-provided USB-C charging cable? Which charger are you using? Does it have an output that the camera requires? There is a list of recommended chargers here. If the camera still does not show any light, remove the battery and connect the camera directly to a power source and see if it powers on. If not, contact our Support team so they can help further. Alternatively, you may reach out to the seller (if not GoPro) for a faster turn around on an exchange. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sweetdawn77334. It is definitely not normal for the camera to not show any indicator light when charged. Are you using the GoPro-provided USB-C charging cable? Which charger are you using? Does it have an output that the camera requires? There is a list of recommended chargers here. If the camera still does not show any light, remove the battery and connect the camera directly to a power source and see if it powers on. If not, contact our Support team so they can help further. Alternatively, you may reach out to the seller (if not GoPro) for a faster turn around on an exchange. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you, yes it’s the GoPro charger so I think I’m going to return it to the shop tomorrow 🙄 I really want it for my trip!! So annoying but hopefully they will do a straight swap 🤞