Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Battery Duration

[ New ]

Hello Everybody,

I just want to check with you if this is a normal behavior or not.

I was on the slopes with my camera and recording in: (please see below)

Capture Go pro.PNG

Total recording time was 40 minutes and the battery went from 100% to 33%. Isn't this to much?

Regards,

Vlad

GoPro

Re: Battery Duration

[ New ]

Hi @17vlg

What SD card are you using? Do you have the camera up to date?

Was the camera paired with the app?

Here are some links you may check:

GoPro Camera Battery Life

How to Improve Battery Performance in Cold Weather

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I am using the card received with the camera, SanDisk Extreme 32 GB.

Yes, the camera is up to date.

Yes, the camera was paired with the app. From the app I have started to record the movie.

Regards,

Vlad

Nomad

[ New ]

Could be, but it depends on how you have your camera set up.  For instance do you have it set up so that the front and rear screen automatically turn off after 1 minute?  If not, then these could easily run down your battery.  Did you have hypersmooth on "boost", this will also run down your battery more.  

With the front screen left on showing your limage, I would expect to get about 49 minutes out of the battery.  if the screen was left on showing status, then about 55 minutes.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Nomad,

As you can see on the picture shared by me the hypersmooth is in boost mode. Basically everything that is activated can be seen in the picture. I did not play with some other settings.

Also, the screen turns off after 1 minute.

Tourist

[ New ]

Made some other 2 tests at home, with the camera on the table, not moving it at all.

On both tests it takes 1% per 1 minute, so basically the battery lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes. Still I thought that will reach at least 2 hours based on the details bellow:

image1.jpeg

image1.jpeg

GoPro

[ New ]

@17vlg, the camera's maximum battery capacity will vary based on settings, environmental conditions, and other factors. 

If you're getting a runtime (as indicated here GoPro Camera Battery Life) that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.