Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Batterie schnell leer

[ Edited ]

Bei meiner kaum benutzten Hero 7 black (Firmware aktuell 1.90) kann ich im laufenden Betrieb zugucken, wie die Batterie sich leert. Mehrere Batterien habe ich schon getestet daran liegt es nicht.

Letztes Jahr konnte ich 2 Hindernisläufe mit einem Akku aufnehmen (in Summe 4h betrieb) jetzt ist die Kamera in unter einer Stunde leer. Gleiche Einstellungen. 

Hilfe und Danke
Oliver 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Batterie schnell leer

Hi @osieben

What SD card are you using?

If you haven't yet, please try re-flashing the software. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Once completed, reset the camera.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

ich werde Samstag testen können.

Highlighted
Tourist

- 56% Akku

- Kamera ausgeschaltet, EIn/Ausknopf lange gedrückt

- 30min liegen lassen

- Kamera eingeschaltet (Kamera wurde warm)

- 24% Akku

- Kamera steht jetzt eingeschaltet, Display an, sonst keine Funktion, verliert ca 1% pro 10-15sec.

Was kann ich noch tun?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @osieben

Were you able to try the steps shared above?

Was the camera paired to the app when the test was conducted?

What SD card are you using?

Please try running a short record time test. See Short Record Times 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @aragon1006 

yes, i flashed the SAME firmware via sd card. 

Yes, the cam is paired with an APP, but during the test the iPad was not open/running the app.

SD Card is currently a San Disc Ultra 128GB. I know it's not the best. I'll plug in my SanDisc Extreme in there tomorrow.

Arent there enough tests?

if the cam sucks out the battery during IDLE, thus while shut down or just running (screen enabled with NO recording).

AND the CAM is getting quite warm in that mode.

What should a Short Record test tell?

BZW Cam did not have this behaviour beginning of this year, same Battery, same SD Card.

Cheers

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @osieben

Thanks for getting back to us.

Ultra cards are not recommended to be used with GoPro cameras. They may work initially but they are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually.

Make sure to run a manual update with the recommended SD card. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 

Hey, yesterday i had a 3hrs obstacle course run (corona edition)

I recorded 75 short videos avrg size about 20s. 4k/24fps

I used my SanSic Extreme 256G

It took me 3 (THREE) full batteries - i replaced them at below 15-20% capacity. WLAN/BT was enabled but nothing connected, always stand by, but screen turning of after 15s.

It took another fully loaded battery to transfer all files to my tablet, to be exact, battery was down to 24% when completed.

How can people go on dive with that? How should I run a full OCR in non corona?

I can understand that I get in trouble recording full 90min and then have to change battery, but short clips?

Thus .. is this now normal? (I think previously it did not drown the battery that much ..) or id malefunction?

Cheers,

Oliver