Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Batch Selection/Download from GoPro Plus Cloud Storage to local computer fails/is inconsistent

[ New ]

Every time I attempt to select multiple videos from the cloud to download to my local machine, it randomly skips numerous files and fails to download them. It only downloads about half of all selectes files. It is usually the footage of the day (i.e. no kore than 20 videos), yet GoPro cloud only downloads some of them without warning. I use the latest Chrome browser. It is impossible to know whcih videos it didn't even attempt to download since GoPro does not even reveal the file names in the cloud. Hence, I find myself selecting and downloading the entire batch over and over and deselecting duplicates once GoPro indicates download start. I suggest resolving this issue via ZIP download or ensuring that ALL actual selected files get downloaded. As it is, it is a useless function as it is inconsistent and unreliable.

Hiker

Re: Batch Selection/Download from GoPro Plus Cloud Storage to local computer fails/is inconsistent

[ New ]

I am having the exact same issue, have tried using Chrome and Edge and it's happening usiong both of them.  Really poor that tehre is no reliable way to download multiple videos.  Hope this can be resolved soon.

GoPro

Re: Batch Selection/Download from GoPro Plus Cloud Storage to local computer fails/is inconsistent

[ New ]

Thank you for reporting this, @ultrakraut and @greencrest0108. Does it matter which camera model was used? How about the file size? or the media created date? We will pass this matter along to the team and will post back once we have new information. Any input or additional details regarding the issue will be greatly helpful. 

Tourist

[ New ]
This issue appears regardless of model, but confirmed with GoPro Hero 9. It would happen regardless of the date I multiselected. I’ve been shooting in 4K
Hiker

[ New ]

My camera is a Hero 8 Black, doesn't seem to matter what date the videos are from.

GoPro

[ New ]

@ultrakraut, @greencrest0108, apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing you. We've already shared this out with the team in charge and they're working on resolving this as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, is there any news on this?
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry, @greencrest0108. We have not received an update yet. We have checked with the team again and we will post back once we get new information. 

Hiker

[ New ]
OK, thanks for getting back to me. It is disappointing that it's taking so long to do anything about this because batch downloads are hardly a new bit of technology or anything. It has been possible to reliably download batches of files from other websites for decades now, so a bit disappointing that gopro is not able to implement something.