Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Bad video quality on youtube

Hello, i have GopRo Max.

I have problems with video quality on youtube - https://youtu.be/d8xQ7YtYmaY (pixelate text at the beginning of video). In PC it is sharp but in youtube it s pixelate 

Video settings was 1080p, 60 fps

Export setting in adobe premiere was H.264 codec, 1920x1080, VBR 1pass, target bitrate 16mbps

Can you help me? Where is the problem?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Bad video quality on youtube

Hi @peppystar5683

Have you tried uploading the raw file to YouTube?

Do you observe the same?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, quality of footage when i upload a raw file on youtube is i think the same as exported footage from adobe premiere pro on youtube (not good)

But in PC is it sharp. i dont know, where is the problem

Highlighted
Nomad

If it plays on the PC just fine, then there's nothing wrong with the camera or the video file.  If it looks low quality on Youtube it's because of Youtubes compression.

One thing to note is that the clip on Youtube was only 1080P.  You would be better off exporting it at 4k or the full 5.6K and uploading that to youtube to improve quality.  Also make sure you are recording in a high bit rate and exporting at a high bitrate with constant bit rate selected.  Variable bit rate can cause compression artifacts.  Also make sure you are doing a single pass compression also.