Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Bad experience buying Hero 8 + accessories on GoPro.com

I fully admit some of this is clearly first world problems so take it with a grain of salt but I recommend being cautious purchasing directly via GoPro's website directly when getting your new cameras and accessories.

I ordered my new Hero 8 to upgrade from my Hero 7 on the 8th + 2 additional batteries (so all my batteries would be the "new" kind that work with hypersmooth 2.0) and was pleased to see it shipped early. It arrived today via UPS and I immediately opened the box to find the new Hero 8, the promotional SD card, and ONE extra battery. The included packing list clearly showed "Rechargeable Battery x2 $39.98" so obviously a goof in the packing facility. Ok, no big deal or so I thought.

I called GoPro and immediately the fun began... first they wanted pictures and asked me to send photos of the packing list. Then after being put on hold for 30 minutes they wanted more pictures, this time every stuck on label on the box plus the items etc. I did all of this and uploaded to a special link they gave me. I'm at 45 minutes+ at this point trying to handle an error of $19.99 in a $479.99 order! I'm assured they will rectify this but then after nearly an hour they say they can't do anything for me (replace or refund) for "several days to a week" as they investigate if there is "fraud" involved. I mean if there is fraud I guess I could have hid the "extra" battery away and claimed it is missing but jeez, I'm a long time multiple buyer from the GoPro website and this is in reference to a simple battery. If this had happened with ANY other online retailer, certainly Amazon, they would have apologized and immediately send me a new battery overnight and certainly not made me feel like some criminal trying to steal $20 out of a $480 order. I'm sure I will get my refund (the option I finally picked after even asking to speak to a manager (nicely mind you) did nothing) but it might take a week plus and it left a bitter taste that will for sure cause me to never buy directly from the website again. I can only imagine what would have happened if something bigger like the camera was missing or there was some other problem with the shipment.

Pile on if you must, but I'm just so used to professional courteous treatment by online retailers in 2019 its a stark difference the operation that GoPro is trying to run with a clearly outsourced setup.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Bad experience buying Hero 8 + accessories on GoPro.com

Hello @boldblue737. Sorry to hear about the order issue. We see that a refund has already been processed for your account. For details, please connect with our Support team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You can use the same case number that you were previously provided. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Bad experience buying Hero 8 + accessories on GoPro.com

Hello @boldblue737. Sorry to hear about the order issue. We see that a refund has already been processed for your account. For details, please connect with our Support team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You can use the same case number that you were previously provided. Best regards!