Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Backlight Bleeding GoPro Hero 7 vs. GoPro Hero 6

Perfectly normal.  You really have to consider this.  If you need to go into a dark room or cover the lens to accentuate the light bleed, how much of an issue is it?  If the concern is if this will somehow get worse over time, it wont.  However, if it is effecting your actual filming, then contact the GoPro Support Team and they can give you some options.  99.9% of the time, it's not worth worrying about or dealing with the hassle of an exchange.  The LCD on your camera isn't like a computer monitor, TV, or phone screen.  The main function is to be able to get to settings and frame your shots, not as a main media player.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue over here. Mine is even perfectly noticeable in daylight conditions at <50% screen brightness. That's pretty disappointing. Did any of the mentioned replacement units finally come without such bleeding? 

Anyway, I noticed it to be less severe when some pressure is applied to the screen margins (especially the lower one) e.g., when my GoPro sits in the frame/case. Thus, it seems some screen parts are not completely glued together. Any suggestions on that?

1_k.jpg

2_k.jpg

3_k.jpg

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We'll forward this to our team so that we can check. 

We'll let you know.

Thanks,

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

I dont have a photo to show but i have the same problem,the bleeding is also in the bottom/middle like yours,weird no?

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be uncommon. I had a look at a second unit in the meantime and it had basically the same issue. If not even worse ...
Highlighted
Tourist

Btw, @graytree76514, may I ask whether there is some response fom the GoPro team yet?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @b0rax

This is normal and should not affect the camera's performance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey argagon,
after i started this post, customer service was contacting me via email and did a replacement for My gopro because like they said that this bleeding is a production issue.

The replaced gopro i got is perfectly fine and does not have and bleeding.

—-
Btw: If the front display isnt working anymore and is display is blank but all other things are working fine (Main Display, Camera as ist self, Card Slot) so it also didnt affect to the hole performance of the camera so it will be also normal ??