08-12-2019 12:14 PM
I recently got a GoPro Hero 7 Black but I have a little problem. The LED which is on the back, next to the screen, stays red even when the camera is off.
Has anyone been experiencing this thing ?
08-12-2019 09:58 PM
Hello @agileoasis12554. All the LEDs should be off when the camera is powered off. If you haven't yet, try manually updating the camera firmware. Even if the camera may already have the latest firmware, doing a manual update will help clear any possible error with the current installation. See below for steps on how to do it:
- Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
The battery has to be fully charged and the SD card formatted prior to the update process. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!
08-13-2019 04:05 AM
I've only seen that when I had an issue with the SD card. Along with the suggestion to manually update, try performing a FULL (not quick) format of the card in your computer followed by a format in the camera.
You should be using a card from this list.
If possible, test with a different card from the list.
Other things to try:
1) Factory Reset the camera (Preferences>Reset>Factory Rest)
2) Set the orientation to UP (or down if you mount upside down) (Preferences>Display>Orientation UP)
3) Turn off Auto Low Light (it's not needed). Put the camera in 1080p/60fps and then disable Auto Low Light.
If you continue to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team via chat or phone. You can do so here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs