Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

BUSY message on screen.

[ New ]

hi, so today i went to pick my camera , which i have used a lot of times, (GOPRO Hero Session) and out of sudden it shows up a "BUSY" message on screen. don't know why it is stuck in this error...

GoPro

Re: BUSY message on screen.

[ New ]

@godgongas, what's the microSD card (brand and capacity) used? Do you get the message on the camera's screen upon power on? If so, how do you power on the camera?

Tourist

[ New ]
It’s a Samsung, but what im saying is, i have worked with this SD card for a long time now… now it suddenly says “BUSY” and sometines it turns on but doesnt recognize The SD card even doe it worked for The past 2 years
GoPro

[ New ]

@godgongas, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

You can also try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

There are some suggested troubleshooting steps here NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD that might also help.