Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

BIG Problem

I have one gopro hero 5 session ... does’n work anymore ... i start him and works 15 sec ... after that automattically turn off and lock ..... to turn on again i need to push 8 sec on the menu button , ... and the same thing , over and over .... can someone help me? Do you have a service?
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: BIG Problem

Make sure you are using a SD card from this list
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Using the rear mode/power button, scroll to Exit and then hold down the top shutter button until factory reset appears in the menu screen. Select this and allow the camera to reset.

Format your SD card in your computer (Full not quick) and then download the MANUAL firmware to your computer. Extract the UPDATE folder and copy it to your blank/formatted SD card. Put the SD card in the camera and then power it on (if the update doesn't start automatically).

After the update, format the card in your camera.

If, after doing the above the camera continues to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Tourist

Doesn’t work to reset the gopro . When i push the top button , after 3 sec start camera , so doesn’t work ... i have a card samsung evo plus 128 gb , but i tried to reset the gopro without card and the same problem .... do you have a service where can check camera?
Highlighted
Explorer

You press the back button to turn the camera on. Press the back (not top shutter button) several more times to scroll the menu to EXIT. When it says EXIT, then you press and hold the top shutter button.
Highlighted
Adventurer

If you read what Daniel wrote you simply said  you only hit the  top button for timelapse photo.  what steps did you take @jane1208   If you take out the card and just use the camera can you  scroll through your camera?