Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

BEWARE - GoPro replacement

[ New ]

Hello,

I spent over $700 on a Hero9 bundle with subscription (warranty marketd as "no questions asked replacement twice a year") as well as some accesories. I can tell you I got about 50 questions before they would even talk with me. This policy is very clearly false advertising to lyal customers who dish out a lot of money for thier products.

The two folding flap mounts on the bottom of the camera snapped off and the brand new camera and brand new Max lens were lost due to the flap mount fialing/breaking. This is an actions sport camera, it should not break off. 

I am having trouble getting a call back from support, so messaged support today. However, after about 20 minutes of chatting I had to request excalation as they refuse to honor the "no quesitons asked replacement policy" that I paid for.

I am very concerned about the customer service of GoPro. I spent a ton of money on this gear and they fail to honor the products and services thye sell. 

Order #'s

NA03222385

NA03225537

***@yahoo.com

GoPro

Re: BEWARE - GoPro replacement

[ New ]

Hi @fastcreek1642

We were able to pull up your recent case and see that Support has tried to reach out a couple of times but was not able to get through.

Please try logging a new request.

Make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers.

You may also try initiating a chat session.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

All offers come with "Terms and conditions" that you need to read.  As per the terms and conditions of GoPro Plus, you need to send in your old camera and pay the replacement fee before you get your replacement camera.  

Tourist

Betreff: BEWARE - GoPro replacement

[ New ]

That is how GoPro work. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Good morning,

I disagree 100%

The very front page of the aubscription tab sais very clearly.

"No-Questions-Asked Camera Replacement

Need to replace your GoPro? Now you can, no questions asked. Subscribers are allowed to exchange up to two cameras a year."

I did not simply lose the camera, the camera BROKE, and the break/mount failure caused th eloss of the unit.

I have hundreds of uses with my 3+ and the mount never failed. The flap mounts literally snapped off.

If they simply replaced the camera for me with a replcaement fee ( I get 2 per year), as well as my lens, I would be extremely satisfied.

The support is appauling, why am I being asked a million wuestions on a NO WUESITONS ASKE DPOLICY.

I have all of these brand new accesories that I have no camera for. I want a full refund on everything I purchased or I will cancel the transactionw with my credit card company and send back all of this junk that has NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

NO ONE WILL CALL ME BACK - THIS IS A SCAM

I purchased a SUBSCRIPTION WARRANTY that I paid for for this reason, and it is worthless. 

Disgusting, I could run a better business myself.

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok so call me...

Email me...

Something...

Tourist

Betreff: BEWARE - GoPro replacement

[ New ]

They are a SCAMMING COMPANY

I hope they get a mssive lawsuite for this bundle deal.

Very sick false advertising 

Its sad because I used a 3+ for a decade with no issues.

SHAME ON THEM FOR THIER LACK OF SUPPORT TO LONG TIME CUSTOMERS

Nomad

[ New ]

Well let's put your theory to the test where you disagree 100% and let's actually do some screen captures of what is really displayed on the Subscribe page!

Please note, for size purposes, I've actually reduced the size of these images, the ones on the webpage are actually much larger and easier to read.

learnmore.JPG

Oh my, what's that?  A big blue button saying "Learn More"  I wonder what clicking on it will show?  Maybe the terms and conditions of what you're signing up for, what's required for a replacement, what fee's are involved etc...

learnmore2.JPG

Wow, a clear point saying that you HAVE to return your camera in order to qualify a replacement.  It's like somehow they want people to know this information before subscribing.  Madness I know!

learnmore3.JPG

Oh wow, a very large table clearly displaying the fee's involved.

So in short, GoPro are very clear and on what's involved with their replacement policy (send your camera back!) and what fee's are involved.  

Now honestly, I find customer service to be a bit hit and miss.  It's a miss in the sense that sometimes it's hard to contact GoPro due to timezones and browser issues.  It's a hit because GoPro are willing to work with nice polite respectful people to the best of their ability.

So here's what you need to do. 

First of all, fix the caps lock key on your keyboard. 

Secondly of all, stop being a rude shouty little person and take a deep breath. You lost your camera, frustrating and disappointing to be sure, but you need to get a hold of yourself and act like a grown up.

Thirdly, contact GoPro, explain to them nicely and politely your situation, how you're a respectful long term customer who really did love using their product until this terrible occurrance happened.  You'll find that GoPro may very nicely give you a discount on a brand new camera (which they are not required to do at all) and in some cases, they may even GIVE you a replacement camera (but honestly, you have to be a really really nice person for that one to happen.......... and have nothing bad on your customer file........ like ringing up and shouting at customer support, or posting rants or raves about them in public...).

Keep in mind, GoPro didn't turn up at your door with a hammer and break your camera.  GoPro weren't the ones using your camera when it broke.  The only person responsible for losing their camera is you.  GoPro are under no obiligation to replace a camera that is not returned to them as per the clearly displayed terms and conditions of their plus subscription.  So it's up to the support person you speak to as to how they will handle the situation and how polite and respectful they think you're being.  But start using terms such as SCAM, DISGUSTING and SHOUTING at them, and you'll find yourself not having very much help.

Nomad

[ New ]
Basically the cameras are only partially supported and there is no real guarantee.
Tourist

[ New ]

irishmanpdx - you are incorrect

Preface: I dont care about my spelling and caps, dont take yourself so seriously brotha, this isnt english class

I have not been rude to a single perosn at this company, I have not yelles at a single perosn at this company. I have not sursed at a single perosn at this company.

Go Pro has 100% obligation to replace my camera, as I bought and pad for 2 NO QUESTIONS ASKED policy replacements per year. Its not like I expect them to replace it out of thin air, it is a 2 camera per year no questioned asked policy.... How can that be any less clear.....OH WOW, imagine that. 

You are the snotty brat by telling me how to act and write and think, and by assuming I am rude. You have no clue and base your assumptions off of your own bad attitude. They should replace my gear based on how nice I am, it is based on the subscription warranty I purchased.

I am mad because the support is horriffic. Its sad that I have to come to this page. It should be one simple phone call. They should see my account, see I am a long time customer and have spent a lot of money on this equipment, and process my replacement. Send me a refurb, I dont care!! Send me an open box unit, I dont care!! Charge me a replacement fee, I dont care!! Just send me my camera and stop making me play text message chat for a week.

Go buy a lens or camera from B&H and break it and see how they treat you if you are a long time customer. One phone call or store visit.

No phone call, no email, no replacement camera, no disocunt code, no nothing.

Customer who spend a lot of money is out the door and they just give the typical corporate "sorry due to blah blah blah". Its really terrible.

I dont care what you think, I have a right to escalate this request and if they cannot replace my camera I will file it as fraud, return all of thier accesories that ar euseless to me now becuase thier camera BROKE. I also lost a lens and a ton of irreplaceable footage, because thier new mount system FAILED.

Gross misconduct as far as im concerned, they are taking advantage of thier customers.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes! it is redicoulous.

I also am filing a consumer financial protection agency today,

Nomad

[ New ]
^ what he said. GoPro stopped feeling the stoke the customers feel. The devices r still good. Just avoid all contact with GoPro to preserve your own mood.
Tourist

[ New ]

I agree the devices are great, was happy with the performance of the 9 the 3 times I used it.

I remember in 2011/2012 thier customer service was incredible. Not sure what happened

Nomad

[ New ]

irishmanpdx - you are incorrect

I must be, this is why you currently have a replacement camera in your hands right now.  

Preface: I dont care about my spelling and caps, dont take yourself so seriously brotha, this isnt english class

I know it's not, if it was I'd share with you the correct spelling of "Brother" and how you should capitilize the "E" in English.  I was hinting that you may get more results from GoPro by using proper online etiquette.

I have not been rude to a single perosn at this company, I have not yelles at a single perosn at this company. I have not sursed at a single perosn at this company.

Actually you posted (quite publicly) a long list of baseless, rude comments and due to your online etiquette (or lack thereof) you SHOUTED a lot of things.  GoPro do read these forums, they will simply pull up your account details and could make a note on your file of the type of person they think they are dealing with.  Will they?  Who knows, but when someone gives you advice, it's usually for a good reason.

Go Pro has 100% obligation to replace my camera, as I bought and pad for 2 NO QUESTIONS ASKED policy replacements per year.

No they don't as per the terms and conditions of the said policy.  Just because you did not read the terms or conditions, or do not like the terms and conditions, it doesn't mean they don't apply.  It's what you signed up for, terms and conditions and all.  When you signed up for the service, you agreed that you would send them back your old camera and pay a replacement fee.  They are 100% obliged to do this if you send them back your old camera and pay the replacement fee.  Have you sent them back your old camera?

Its not like I expect them to replace it out of thin air,

If you haven't sent them back your old camera, then that's exactly what you're expecting them to do.  

it is a 2 camera per year no questioned asked policy.... How can that be any less clear.....OH WOW, imagine that. 

That terms and conditions apply to.  The terms and conditions you agreed to.

You are the snotty brat by telling me how to act and write and think, and by assuming I am rude.

Actually I showed you exactly what the terms and conditions where.  I gave you advice on how to talk to customer service and possibly get a free replacement camera.  I gave you honest and good advice, I did not call you names or tell you what to do, I advised.  Your response..... well is actually quite rude (as evidenced in the underlined above) and there's no assumptions there.  Just fact.  You're letting yourself down and publicly too.

You have no clue and base your assumptions off of your own bad attitude. They should replace my gear based on how nice I am, it is based on the subscription warranty I purchased.

I am mad because the support is horriffic.

You're mad because you're not getting a free camera after you lost your old one.

Its sad that I have to come to this page.

I agree with that.  It's very sad that you keep denying the existing terms and conditions that you agree'd to and still expect a free camera.

It should be one simple phone call. They should see my account, see I am a long time customer and have spent a lot of money on this equipment, and process my replacement.

They will do that, they will do exactly that.......... providing you send them your old camera as per the terms and conditions of what you signed up for.

Send me a refurb, I dont care!! Send me an open box unit, I dont care!! Charge me a replacement fee, I dont care!! Just send me my camera and stop making me play text message chat for a week.

They will do that, they will do exactly that.......... providing you send them your old camera as per the terms and conditions of what you signed up for.

Go buy a lens or camera from B&H and break it and see how they treat you if you are a long time customer. One phone call or store visit.

I have another idea.  Go buy over $700 on a Hero9 bundle with subscription from B&H.  Then phone them up and tell them you lost it and you want them to replace it free of charge.  See how they handle it and post the results here.

No phone call, no email, no replacement camera, no disocunt code, no nothing.  Customer who spend a lot of money is out the door and they just give the typical corporate "sorry due to blah blah blah". Its really terrible.

I guess GoPro don't want to give away free camera's to everyone who claims they have lost theirs.  I mean, if GoPro did that, EVERYONE would be ringing up saying "I lost my camera, replace it" and they would do it up to two times per year (as per the terms and conditions of the GoPro Plus Subscription).  I guess GoPro have to somehow protect themselves against such a thing by asking people to return their camera first before a replacement is processed.

I dont care what you think,

I know, that's obvious and it's also why you're getting nowhere fast.  I know you're not going to care about this either, but honestly, when someone gives you good advice, it's a good idea to follow it instead of just name calling and being rude!

I have a right to escalate this request and if they cannot replace my camera I will file it as fraud, return all of thier accesories that ar euseless to me now becuase thier camera BROKE. I also lost a lens and a ton of irreplaceable footage, because thier new mount system FAILED.

Well that's entirely up to you, no one is stopping you from doing that or discouraging that.  All that was done was it was explained to you why it's not covered by your subscription.  If you return all of the accessories, all that will happen is GoPro will throw them in a bin and now you're out a camera and accessories.  Why not put them on ebay or craigslist and try to recoup some of the costs instead?  Why would you pay even more money on postage and shipping to return them to GoPro?  

Gross misconduct as far as im concerned, they are taking advantage of thier customers.

How are they taking advantage of their customers?  You're the one who agreed to a service with clearly stated terms and conditions.  You are the one failing to live up to those terms and conditions (not GoPro), so how are they the ones taking advantage?  Aren't you the one trying to take advantage by trying to get a free camera while not living up to the terms and conditions that you agreed to?  

Tourist

[ New ]

OK Update - Email recieved this morning offering 25% discount code.

I geuss better then nothing, but the subscription is essentially worthless.

I am confident thier warranty department will be rejecting gobbs and gobbs of valid claims and they are going to get themselves into a pickle rejecting all of these claims. It is advertised as a "no questions asked policy"

Any broken camera will be rejected essentially, as they claimed to me they will not replace cameras due to breakage!!! Huh??? Do they think people are going to be replceing perfectly good units? It doesnt make any sense.

See Below

""If there was any sort of force or impact that occurred then we are unable to guarantee the outcome of the event. Our products are designed to capture the activities you enjoy but they are not designed to absorb any direct force/impact from the activity. Breakages of products and lost cameras resulted from force or impact are not something covered within our warranty policy""

Nomad

[ New ]

OK Update - Email recieved this morning offering 25% discount code.

Congrats, it is better than nothing but unfortunately support is limited as  to what they can do in these cases.  Like everyone else, they are given a budget to work with and that covers camera replacements and discounts.  Please note though, that this will give you more reason to complain...   You already have a GoPro plus subscription, so you already get a steep discount on camera's.  The 25% code cannot be combined with your discount price (or the GoPro Bundle price since that's already discounted).  So you'll find the price you pay will be slightly higher than just purchasing a new GoPro bundle (without the 25% code and without your GoPro plus subscription).

I geuss better then nothing, but the subscription is essentially worthless.

Honestly, it's only worth it for the following:

1:  Discounts on accessories (if you buy a lot of them, the discounts pay for themselves)

2:  Unlimited cloud storage (great if you're editing video on the go)

3:  Access to all features of the app including premium features

4:  Replacement of broken camera's up to 2 times per year for what amounts to 1/3 the price of a new camera after the replacement fee.

I am confident thier warranty department will be rejecting gobbs and gobbs of valid claims and they are going to get themselves into a pickle rejecting all of these claims. It is advertised as a "no questions asked policy"

Not really, they clearly display the terms and conditions and are therefore legally covered.  No pickling of product involved.

Any broken camera will be rejected essentially,

Not true, failing camera's and broken camera's are covered providing they are returned to GoPro as per the terms and conditions.

as they claimed to me they will not replace cameras due to breakage!!! Huh??? Do they think people are going to be replceing perfectly good units? It doesnt make any sense.

Actually people do return perfectly good units due to SD card issues, buying the wrong SD card, breaking off the water drain cover, just plain not knowing how to use their camera's.  You'd be surprised how many perfectly good camera's get returned.  This is why GoPro now go with a clear plastic removable lens protecter on the back.  Before it used to have a picture of a turtle, a motocross biker etc.. people would power on their camera.  Not realize the protecter was removable, see a picture they couldn't delete.  Claim their camera was "Frozen" and return it.  Then there's the people who return their camera after accidently turning on "Max Lens Mode" and are convinced their camera only films up to 2.7K.....   

See Below

I will!

""If there was any sort of force or impact that occurred then we are unable to guarantee the outcome of the event. Our products are designed to capture the activities you enjoy but they are not designed to absorb any direct force/impact from the activity. Breakages of products and lost cameras resulted from force or impact are not something covered within our warranty policy""

Um........ that's their warranty policy, which is different from their GoPro Plus Subscription, you realize that right?  Or are you trying to  mislead people?  The warranty states a full refund or replacement within 30 days if there is a manufacturing or material defect with the camera.  Heck, if you plain just don't like the camera, you're entitled to a full refund or replacement within 30 days.  It also states that any claim made under the "Warranty policy" will not be charged a replacement fee.  However "breaking" the product due to user misuse is not covered under that warranty as that is something the user is reponsible for. 

This is completely seperate from the GoPro Plus Subcription where you can have a completely damaged camera and send it back to GoPro and get a replacement.  Providing it's a complete camera (and you didn't just buy one or two parts off ebay), they will replace your camera for the agreed replacement fee.  

Nomad

[ New ]
Wall Street happened to GoPro. They became a servant of what they once disliked. They forgot their own stoke!!