Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Awful Customer Service - Dud Hero8

I receieved a Hero8 Black for Christmas and out of the box it was a dud. Froze, screen was black, camera did not work, would not update, etc. I got on customer service chat to try to fix the issue and none of the update ways we tried worked so the man I was chatting with said he knew it was important that I had this on my trip so I should just skip the update and after my trip we would swap out the camera if we needed to. So I ended that chat, and turns out the screen just wouldn't work whatsoever. I got back on chat and I have never experienced customer service as bad as this. After almost 2 hours of chatting she finally said I could swap it for a replacement but it would not be here in time for my trip (considering this was the only reason I even got one, it was really important). So I asked if anything could be done given the circumstances and that it was not my fault and it was a no. So I asked if I could return for a full refund so then I could just go buy one locally to have it in time, and she said it was past the 30 day money back gurantee. Blowing my mind, I disputed and she said they would make an exception since it was a Christmas gift. I asked if the return label provided could be fast shipping in order for me to recieve the refund in order to buy another in time, and it was a no. I was then told I had to return the entire bundle (battery, accessories, and camera) in order to get a refund. So that means I am losing the bundle deal, losing my $100 discount for the trade-up program, and will have to purchase the camera, accessories, and battery for full price just because they would not accomodate. Due to their mistake, this is causing me more hardship than them, and absolutley no effort was put into trying to fix this problem at all. I never get upset with customer service, but I have never experienced something like this. No discount was offered, no sped up process was offered, nearly no sympathy whatsoever and almost made it seem like my fault. I am losing more because of a mistake on their end, and nothing was done about it whatsoever.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Awful Customer Service - Dud Hero8

Hi @kenwshew

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you have further questions or concerns regarding your case, https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I think you're mistaken. You could only get the bundle OR the trade up. Not both
Highlighted
Sightseer

Nope I got both! $100s off the bundle!
Highlighted
Hiker

What was the price you paid before taxes?