Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Autonomy issue with brand new gopro hero 7 balck

[ New ]
Dear Sir, i got autnomy issues with my brand new gopro hero7.
Lost 10% 8n one night while off. 10% recording a 10 minutes video. 5% only to modify som nsettings. Ans it is always quote hot. How to use AS Assistance ?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Stephane (France)
Ps : I bought it on the goprp website a couple of days ago.
GoPro

Re: Autonomy issue with brand new gopro hero 7 balck

[ New ]

Hello @colst03

If the camera is already updated to the latest firmware, and a recommended SD card is used in it, the next step is to determine battery integrity to isolate whether it is a battery issue, or another. To do this, please go through the steps detailed in this article. If it happens that the battery is determined to be defective, our Support team will be able to assist with the next steps. You may call or initiate a chat conversation through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Re: Autonomy issue with brand new gopro hero 7 black

[ New ]

Thanks for your help Maria.

Yes SD Card is the one offered by GoPro when I bought it a couple of days ago.

Last firmware update (1.51)

Batteries (x2) are also from your websites. and I got similar reslts with both.

Regards.

Stephane.

GoPro

Re: Autonomy issue with brand new gopro hero 7 black

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @colst03. Were you able to determine the record times of the batteries that you have? How do the values compare with the estimated record time for HERO7 Black

If both batteries exhibit issues even after having charged according to recommended steps here, that is, showing significantly shorter record time compared to the estimated runtimes, the next step then is to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance.

Best regards!

Explorer

Re: Autonomy issue with brand new gopro hero 7 balck

[ New ]
I don't think these are abnormal battery loss issues. 10% drain with 10 min recording is correct.
If the camera connections were left on, as they usually are, and the camera had been connected to the app (or if voice command to turn on is enabled)..
5-10% battery loss overnight is normal.
5% loss while rear LCD is on and changing settings is also normal.