04-22-2019 04:31 PM
I have a Hero 7 Black. I just used it to record video for a ski trip to Chamonix, and I want to share it using the auto-upload that comes with my free trial of Plus. When I try to set it up using my iPhone, I always get an "error" or "something went wrong" or "gopro wireless could not connect to network." The GoPro is updated, I've tried a factory reset, I am signed into my account on the app, and my wireless network meets the requirements. I've searched through the support hub and tried all the steps on the list but still no avail. Has anybody had this issue and does anybody know the solution?
04-23-2019 12:04 PM
@skitheeast03, I just want to verify with you if the Wi-Fi network you're connecting the camera to has a password and doesn't require an acceptance of terms and conditions (e.g., public hot spots).
Do you also have the GoPro App updated to the most latest version?
If you've already ensured that all initial setup requirements are met and camera factory reset has been performed to no avail, I do have a few suggestions that might help. Please go through these steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Perform a factory reset on your camera one last time.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
- Once successfully re-paired, setup Auto Upload using the instructions HERE.
Hopefully this helps.
05-20-2019 05:50 PM
I have followed the steps listed and still no avail. I always reach the step allowing the iPhone to share the network password, however, it gets stuck in a loading phase before landing on the "GoPro Wireless - Could not connect to network." The GoPro software is updated, as is the app on my phone. The wireless network is a standard NETGEAR home router with a normal password. Any other ideas?