Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Audio problems Hero 5 Black

[ New ]

I bought my daugher a Hero 5 black for Christmas for her trip to hike across Spain.  Since I own a Hero 3+ and have been quite happy with it, I was excited to buy her one.

She tested it and everything worked OK, then went on her trip. She logged each day of her month long trip and was excited to show us her video log.  When the family gathered round to watch the videos, there was no sound.  My daugher was very upset and was almost in tears that her 550 mile journey had not been properly recorded.

She and I are taking a hike in Spetember and I'd like her to be abler to record it as it will be our last together.

Please help.  I don't want to buy another new Gopro right now, I just wnat this one fixed.

BTW, I have tried all the fixes I found online, to no avail.

Sincerely,

Chris Jessup

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Audio problems Hero 5 Black

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @peppyvista3768

If the manual update does not take care of the issue, please let our Support Team know.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @peppyvista3768

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

What SD card was used?

Was the camera connected to an external mic?

How are the files when played on the camera? Have you tried transferring the files to a computer or via the GoPro app on a mobile phone?

We'll try to isolate if this is just a play back issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, and thanks for the response.  

I have tried to play the files from multiple devices, sam eissue...no sound.

I have removed the SD card and done a hard reset, still doesn not record sound.

I gave the camera to a proffesional videographer for a local news station who uses GoPros in his work...he can't fix.

So I have an expensive camera that doens't record sound.  I'll try the firmware update next, but it seems like a hardware problem.

I didn't check which SD card I bought her, but it was a 64 gig card and I think it was a class 10

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @peppyvista3768

If the manual update does not take care of the issue, please let our Support Team know.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej