Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Audio problem even with latest update 1.52

[ New ]

And the audio still sucks! Im using a 3.5mm mic adapter bcoz it now works with the new update, BUT! It is very frustrating that you have to turn off the camera unplug the adapter turn it back on then plug the mic adpater for it to work and have an audio, and bcoz of this you cant use the quick capture feature like you just have to hit record button, you can record the moment but 100% sure you wont have an audio! Go pro needs to work on that or they just really want us to buy a media mod. And it sucks like when you are in a bike speeding at a 150kph and you wanna record with audio, you have to do the whole process and sure you will find your self falling on a cliff later.

since i bought my hero 9 black it has been a headache ive been a go pro user ever since hero 4 silver to 5,7,8 and now 9.

Please i hope you can fix this so you can give justice to your customers.

GoPro

Re: Audio problem even with latest update 1.52

[ New ]

Hi @motorein

Sorry for any trouble caused.

How was the last update done?

What kind of external mic are you using?

Check out External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor and Media Mod

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I just posted this like hours ago. Thank you for your quick response, with the latest update which is 1.52 still got the same problem. Im using the go pro mic adapter which is brand new again coz i already bought twice, still same issue. And with regards to the external mic I'm using a Boya mic with 2 ring lines on it. If im not mistaken its called TRS. Still got the same problem, i wont have an audio if I dont turn off the go pro then turn it on plug the adapter.

Tourist

[ New ]

I hope this isn't the same audio problems that has pleaged other series of GoPro cameras. Their typical response is always "firmware update" which solves very few problems.

Myself and millons of others have the same problem with older series cameras continue to have audio problems and GoPro does nothing for us, hope you have better luck.

Attached is an audio file seen through Adobe Audition, this was recorded at light, no air con or heater running, no fans and a very quiet water cold computer five feet away.

I might as well been driving down the motorway with the window open.

GOPR0016.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback. As I have said on my previous post, i have already done updating the firmware right after it was released i am now at V1.52. Still same problem though. Im surely gonna look up to that u sent me thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]
When will we be able to use the 3.5mm adapter on the hero 9, will it be another 3 to 4 months before we see a new update to fix this issue? The GoPro media mod isn’t worth the money because the audio sucks on it. I just want to use my saramonic wireless receiver and transmitter for my audio. Are they even working on a fix for this or is it something they care about.
GoPro

[ New ]

If you're still experiencing issues, in spite of having the latest version installed and manually reinstalling the firmware, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.