Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Audio out of synchronization mic not working

[ New ]
These are two problems that I am having.
1, when I put the video on to my iPad Pro it’s always out of synchronization by a split second regardless of what video editor I use.
2, I purchased a mic adapter and it worked intermittently, some times it would not record audio and I only find this out afterwards. Is it worth me buying another mic adapter or returning the camera. The Audio records perfectly without the mic adapter.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Audio out of synchronization mic not working

[ New ]

Hello @megagorge14658

Thank you for reaching out. Which camera are you using? Is the audio also not synchronized when you play it through the camera? Is the issue also observed when the videos are played via GoPro App or Quik for desktop?

Let our Support team help you further with this case. There is a need to isolate whether the inconsistency in the performance of the mic adapter is due to itself, or the camera, or other factors. You can reach the team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @megagorge14658

Thank you for reaching out. Which camera are you using? Is the audio also not synchronized when you play it through the camera? Is the issue also observed when the videos are played via GoPro App or Quik for desktop?

Let our Support team help you further with this case. There is a need to isolate whether the inconsistency in the performance of the mic adapter is due to itself, or the camera, or other factors. You can reach the team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

The camera must be powered on prior to recording when using an external mic.  Even when this is done, keep in mind that if you go 10 minutes or more between recording, you must power on the camera again and immediately start recording in order to get another 10 minutes.  Unfortunately, It is designed this way to save battery life.  You can get around all this by simply keeping a wifi connection between the camera and the Gopro app on your smart phone - the camera will stay in a state of constant readiness this way.  And I have no battery life worries because i plug into a powerpack, which i keep in my pocket.  I can go all day with the camera on while riding my Hog ha ha!