Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Audio meter

[ New ]

I have a new Hero 8 and Max and just received the audio adaptor. Today I connected by Rode Wireless Go to the audio input which connected to me hero 8 and filmed a test video and got no sound. The audio meter on the wireless receiver indicated it was picking up sound but it didn't make it to the video.  Was silent.  On my second try, it worked.

Is there any kind of audio meter or indicator on the gopro that I can turn on so I can see if its getting audio from an internal source? Can it connect to bluetooth headphones?  How can I assure I get my audio if I have a quick setup for some action happening all of a sudden?

Thanks

Alan

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Audio meter

[ New ]

A very simple way to ensure you are capturing audio from an external source is to use the voice commands.  When I hook up an external (wireless) microphone to my Hero 8 via the media mod I just use the commands "GoPro Highlight" or "GoPro start recording".  If the GoPro responds, it's picking up audio, if not, there's an issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

I meant to say "getting audio from an external source" but really, internal or external would both be good to see

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @alanv3441. The only setting on the camera that could tell whether or not audio will be recorded with the mic adapter is the QuikCapture function. Learn more about it through the article External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor .

Nomad

[ New ]

A very simple way to ensure you are capturing audio from an external source is to use the voice commands.  When I hook up an external (wireless) microphone to my Hero 8 via the media mod I just use the commands "GoPro Highlight" or "GoPro start recording".  If the GoPro responds, it's picking up audio, if not, there's an issue.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ingenious and simple solution that really works! Thank you very much Irishmanpdx!