Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Audio issue, Hero 5, USB-C to 3.5mm Mic adapter, Røde Videomic Go

[ Edited ]

After going through factory resets, playing around with settings, calling Gopro customer service and going through two brand new Røde mics as well as two mic adapters I finally got rid of the issue where Audio input shows N/A and was able to get the camera and adapter to provide power and make use of the external Microphone. 

Victory! Or so I thought, it quickly went away when I watched the test clip where the muffled sound had only been replaced with another noise. Does anyone have an idea on how to combat this issue?

Please see the attached youtube clip.

Thanks in advance

/Johan

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Audio issue, Hero 5, USB-C to 3.5mm Mic adapter, Røde Videomic Go

try using no usb type C cable plugged in to the power,  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the suggestion but can I ask you to elaborate a bit as I'm not entirely sure what you mean?
Highlighted
Hiker

I had the same problem as the thread starter and here is the solution. Download the v2.6 firmware for your Hero 5 Black and install via the memory card. Full instructions and firmware download here: https://gopro.com/support/hero5-black-product-update

My audio settings no longer have the dreaded "N/A" with the usb-c mic adapter and I have full use of my Rode Video Mic Pro and Rode Wireless Lav Filmaker Kit. All the mic options on the GoPro H5 Black work again.

You might also want to plugin your Hero 5 Black and start the GoPro Quik app on your desktop and check for any updates there. Quik can also install new firmware via the usb-c cable.

Yeah, I have to admit, keeping this camera working is a huge PITA.