Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Audio glitch at transitions when stitching clips

I've seen other people post this same issue, but the only advice GoPro has given is to import the footage into another editing application. This advice is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to switch editing apps to make this work.

I am having the same issue: between adjacent, continuous clips, there's always a ~2 frame silence in the audio. The video is unaffected. This makes editing GoPro footage a pain. I've tried this both in Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer and have had the same issue in both programs. I've attached a screenshot of the problem.

Has there been a fix to this?

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 4.09.45 PM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Audio glitch at transitions when stitching clips

Hi @drmmrboy24

I understand you have tried some troubleshooting steps and have tried to reach out to us however we still want to look into this further. Please get back to us via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

We'd like to gather additional information so we can further isolate where the trouble is coming from.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Hiker

Can we try to settle this here? I don't really have time to talk on the phone and I can't get through to you on your chat.

Highlighted
Explorer

They probably want to do some trouble shooting with you to determine if perhaps they need to exchange the camera. This is a member to member community site. We can't assist you in that.

As far as getting through to chat, be sure to reach out during the listed hours.
Highlighted
Tourist

drmmrboy24 I am having the same exact issue with my hero session 5 4k 29.97 footage and FCPX. Have you found a solution yet? Its messed up that dropping in individual chapter isn't 100% seamless and painless.
Highlighted
Hiker

@breckmandts Agreed. I'm not sure I found a solution yet. I thought I did but it's not consistent. I just make sure the SD card is formatted ExFat. Even still, some clips have the dropped audio and others don't. I don't understand why sometimes it drops and others it doesn't.