Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Audio Protune and external mic

I'm looking for information about audio protune specifically with an external mic adapter. I would like to know what the WAV file looks like, how many channels are recorded, and possibly allow me to download a .WAV file that has been recorded with the external mic adapter and audio protune turned on. I'm trying to decide if the purchase of the adapter is going to serve my purpose. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Audio Protune and external mic

let me know if you got hte PM here I sent a quick wav file using a  rode video micro  the least one can do here right?   gopro should have samples of these on thissite they don;t

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

So no one has the external mic adapter?

Highlighted
Adventurer

let me know if you got hte PM here I sent a quick wav file using a  rode video micro  the least one can do here right?   gopro should have samples of these on thissite they don;t

Highlighted
Hiker

I got your email. Drive says you need to grant permission. Thanks.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you very much sir. I have a few questions though if you don't mind. I noticed your model of mic is a mono mic. The file you sent me is a 4 channel wav file with 2 channels of audio. They aren't exactly the same (very close to the same). Can anyone explain what the GoPro is recording in this situation?

Highlighted
Adventurer

rode video micro is STEREO not Mono, 100% certain on that.

Highlighted
Hiker

Sorry, I read mono in the specs. It's actually dual mono.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya  need another mic on it I can do that....