Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Audio Issue on Gopro Hero 5 w/Adapter and mic

Hi,

apologies if this has already been discussed. I have my Gopro Hero 5 Black 5 w/ Audio Adapter  3.5mm/USB C and a Rode Videomicro. I started to notice that I was not always getting audio on my vids, just a loud pop at the beginning followed by silence. Even after securing the cables, and changing them did not fix the issue. I also reset options in my preferences, and again the same problem. However, I think I might have found the problem.

If I record through the quick record button (the one on top), I get no sound. But if I record through turning on the camera, and then hit the record button. Then I get audio, with no problems.

Has anyone noticed this, and is there a fix for it. I've got the most recent update installed (2.0), and I've also tried restoring to factory default.

Adventurer

Re: Audio Issue on Gopro Hero 5 w/Adapter and mic

Did tyou report to gopro.com.

Adventurer

Hiker

I replied a similar comment to the other thread, but are you saying there is another portal I need to report those issues to?

Tourist

SAME PROBLEM :(

Hiker

Well, it works to some degree, but it does need fixing. I originally thought I had a faulty cable or Mic Adapter and that really was pissing me off. So at least I've got it down to the software, and not the hardware. Fingers crossed soon, though I am off on my hols next week, so I get the feeling I'll be taking the problem with me :(

Adventurer

no fix is near. been a known report.

Tourist

I'm really angry to have paid 400$ for hero5 + the brick with audio issue, when discounted hero4 works fine for 200$ :(