Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

As an PC Expert I'm not able to connect my GoPro to any Computer Mac / Windows to use it with MTP

[ New ]

Hey there,

I've seen many things, but this is really not acceptable.

1. My GoPro is in MTP Mode

2. Either a Macbook nor a Windows PC can recognize the camera correctly

2. a. I've tested multiple cables (crazy, even testing it)

2. b. Android Phones, Drones etc, can be recognized correctly by both, Windows and Mac

3. On disconnecting the camera from the "PC" it's even stuck

3. a. It cannot even shut down, it has to be reset, as it gets stuck on shut down.

What is this? Is this called software?

This is why people hate computer, hate software, have stress in their live.

Not mentioning here: This camera get's stuck every now and then. Shutting down itself, disconnecting on transferrting data to a mobile over wifi connection.

So the only plan for me to get my videos is:

a. Transfer them via wifi on my phone, then attaching my phone to my desktop, which always works perfectly (no magic there), and move the videos to my desktop

b. disassemble my media mod, extract the sd card, attach it to my desktop? why?

So what's wrong with this device?

Using camera FW: 01.52 which is the latest at the moment (31.3.21)

IMG_20210331_132548.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-31 um 13.25.07.png

Hiker

Betreff: As an PC Expert I'm not able to connect my GoPro to any Computer Mac / Windows to use it wi

[ New ]

First I flashed the FW update manually (first support advice) to eliminate any possible issues.

After this.

Resolved by support. "I'll get an replacement".

Hope there will be no issues on the new one.

GoPro

Re: Betreff: As an PC Expert I'm not able to connect my GoPro to any Computer Mac / Windows to us...

[ New ]

Thanks for the update. @coolridge26114

Feel free to let us know how it goes with the replacement camera.

Hiker

Re: Betreff: As an PC Expert I'm not able to connect my GoPro to any Computer Mac / Windows to us...

[ New ]

Same issue still present with "another" GoPro. :/

Adventurer

[ New ]

1 try without that media Module.

2 try reverting to an older firmware

3  try going to device manager and portable devices and uninstall the driver, then factory reset the camera, and  make sure its on mtb, and remember to reset your gopr  oops quick app. 

Yeah exactly gopro  is the issue

Nomad

[ New ]

Then it must be something with your computer.

Regarding the transfer of files: just take out the SD card and use a card reader on your PC. 

Hiker

[ New ]

So I have 3 computers at home, 2 Windows, 2 Macs, every device has the same issue. Windows doesn't show any contents, Mac doesn't as well.

Does this look like a PC issue to you? Not even a cable connected to the GoPro, but it's still stuck and telling USB is connected. :/

Definitely it's a GoPro issue.

IMG_20210323_115340.jpg

> 2 try reverting to an older firmware

Thanks for the feedback, I've tested in on FW 1.21 and everything behaves exactly the same. Unfortunately.

> 3  try going to device manager and portable devices and uninstall the driver, then factory reset the camera, and  make sure its on mtb, and remember to reset your gopr  oops quick app. 

More or less I did similar things I've seen /heard from other using Windows (and Googling). It's not like it's working for everyone one out there without problems ;)

But still on my machines I cannot use this feature. It seems broken.

On Mac I cannot even install drivers. "It should just work" (as every other device, camera, smartphones, hdd, plug and play device).

But not the 2020 GoPro Hero 9 Black.

Btw. Also my old Hero 5 Session works perfectly when I attach it. It doesn't even has an option I have to set / change. I just plug it in and it gets automatically recognized as HDD. I can see all content.

Nomad

[ New ]

So I have 3 computers at home, 2 Windows, 2 Macs, every device has the same issue. Windows doesn't show any contents, Mac doesn't as well.

Does this look like a PC issue to you?

Well Mr "PC Expert" don't take your frustation on me. And why is it neccesary for you to mention you are a PC Expert? I'm a certified Microsoft C# developer but I do not mention this either. It's not relevant.

Not even a cable connected to the GoPro .... aha here's the issue: you didn't connect a cable to the GoPro...... (sorry had to make the joke, don't be frustrated, but it's still stuck and telling USB is connected. :/

Well, seems I cannot help you. Succes.