Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Are Raw Photos going to be added to the Go Pro Max?

[ New ]

I am really interested in the Go Pro Max but the biggest feature missing for me is raw photos, is this going to be added is a firmware update or can the camera not do it? I am happy to buy now if this is a feature they are going to add.

GoPro

Re: Are Raw Photos going to be added to the Go Pro Max?

[ New ]

@leeb83, we currently don't have new information regarding this. Anyhow, We appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Software release details are posted here: Software Update Release Information

Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Hiker

Rif.: Are Raw Photos going to be added to the Go Pro Max?

[ New ]

@leeb83  ha scritto:

I am really interested in the Go Pro Max but the biggest feature missing for me is raw photos, is this going to be added is a firmware update or can the camera not do it? I am happy to buy now if this is a feature they are going to add.

If you want to take RAW and HDR photos in 4K flat or 360° you should change model and go to see Insta360 ONE R.

Unfortunately, this request has already been made by many other people, but GoPro do not insert it.

Hiker

[ New ]

I don't understant GoPro team. Every photo camera capture at first every photo in raw format.
Then if you have settings on Raw, simple writes on SD card an end.
If you have set on JPEG, then is raw photo puts through procesors with settings of color, sharpnes, WB and so on ... and at the end simply write jpg to the card and delete the raw photo.
If you have both settings raw+jpeg, then write both files to the SD. So it will never be clear to me why the raw photo is deleted and there is no possibility to write it on the card, because it is already captured and stored in the memory....
I really want to know a simple explanation why?
and why it is difficult to program to capture the same image 3x (-1EV, 0EV, + 1EV), 5x (-2EV, -1EV, 0EV, + 1EV, +2EV)for hdr with different values of ev. and then I do hdr myself or with LR or PS or Photomatix ....

Hiker

[ New ]

@vr360enthusiast  ha scritto:

I don't understant GoPro team. Every photo camera capture at first every photo in raw format.

You're absolutely right, but don't hope to get an answer to your question: you should talk to a GoPro programmer, and that's not possible here.

Nomad

[ New ]

HDR suport would be great !

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

@pixelnator360  ha scritto:

HDR suport would be great !

Yes, too bad that not even in the last update was included! Man LOLSmiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Wink

Hiker

[ New ]

I think, the problem is, one raw photo is 2 photos circular 180' (like on my Xiaomi - se below).
My opinion - Two problems:
1. Raw format:  the problem is most likely that they don't want to give such photos - the equrectangle RAW can't be made from two circular 180 '
2. HDR: camera must take 3, 5 raw photos, convert to jpg equrectangle, and then make HDR ... my opinion -> And that’s too much CPU load for the camera
----
Or are raw format as the camera sees, are 2 photos like by Fusion camera - GPfront, GPback - two photos, and then camera has to convert them and stich them.
---
Or is format like in Xiaomi in attacment photo...
These raw photos I first processing in LR, export them in jpg, then stich them with Hugin - batch processing 20, 30, 50 photos to equirectagle format.

Processed RAW and export jo JPG:
Zaslonska_slika_2020-05-15 22_44_00_000660.jpg

Stiched to equirectangle with Hugin:

Zaslonska_slika_2020-05-15 22_53_14_000661.jpg

Zaslonska_slika_2020-05-15 22_44_00_000660.jpg