Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Apple watch app disappeared

[ Edited ]

The fact is I don’t want to walk around with two devices strapped to my wrist when they sold these cameras with advertising stating it would work with Apple Watch then out of no where they just pull support to the point there customer service reps don’t even know what’s going on. They were still advertising on there site right before the holiday stating it would work with Apple Watch and in fact it would not they had not even updated there website.

Tourist

I feel like you guys are way over estimating the complexity in designing this app that they already have the script for...working out bugs...seriously cmon you guys act like this is millions in R&D get real
Explorer

And you are underestimating it. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. However, the idea that GoPro discontinued the Apple watch app "just because" is least likely. Again, this is a small company that is trying to return to profitability. Cuts had to be made. Resources had to be allocated to departments that were deemed most profitable and products that had the least amount of use were cut. They wouldn't just stop the app if supoorting it it was as simple as you want to believe. There is more to it, but you just don't want to acknowledge it.
Tourist

Nobody said they did it for nothing, it was very much profit based. I’m not going to argue the business philosophy of GoPro because as much as you’d try to believe it neither of us actually know. So let’s talk about facts, any time a company offers specific features that are then discontinued because the company can not afford to support it their will be push back from said audience that spent money expectaing that feature support. Imagine buying a car and the remote unlock being discontinued becusse the auto maker could not afford to update it based on new security risks. Now we can argue the vitality this might have as in inconvience to ones life. To act like they have no right to be upset is ignorant and unfair, it’s a classic example of over promise under delivet. For you to expect the consumer to be sympathetic to their bad business practice just shows you need to take a good look at the CEO of gopros net worth.
Explorer

It's not like this or that, there are no needs for analogies as it is what it is. A free app was discontinued. Comparing it to a car and the remote is silly.

This is an open community forum. If you want to express your feeling too GoPro, use the feedback form. https://gopro.com/feedback

Otherwise, you can make false statements like you did about profitability and silly analogies all day, but it's not changing anything. It's certainly not changing my mind or opinion.
Tourist

They have remained profitable since August of 2018, look it up. I also clarified that the analogy did not have the same effects on ones life, so it was just that an analogy. Me saying that you are being ignorant and unfair for thinking people should be sympathetic for GoPro is very much an open forum topic. If you don’t like the conversation then you can not converse here. I wouldn’t if I was defending what you’re defending. Do you need sources for GoPros financial statment...it’s pretty easy with google kinda a big deal when they regained profitability but seems like you might of had out dated information. You obviously has no use for the remote app, why are you even in this discussion your opinion is pointless considering this had no impact on your life?
Hiker

i think this went way off topic for a discussion about a watch app.

(i'm guilty of it)

Apparently a lot of us Very much liked the convience of the watch application

The Watch is a one stop wearable for control (the watch is NOT a gopro product.... so i can understand why this may not be as easy as "Just Fix it"

Bottom line- I think the demand to have the app come back into play is high.

Yes there are other solutions- but the watch app was highly accepted.

as a side note- I love my Gopro cameras, honestly i do... have i had issues with them?- absolutely

But in truth they handle tech support VERY WELL- EVERYTIME

They really went out of their way to make sure i was satified with the end result....

So with a speed bump here and there, its ok. As a whole i am HAPPY with their Product.

Explorer

@quickdusk8252
I'm not going to waste time trying to teach you how to read a financial Earnings call, but rest assured, you are wrong. https://investor.gopro.com/events-and-presentations/default.aspx