Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Apple watch app disappeared

@hardysand85636

I'd say (as does most people) that the HERO7 Black is the best action camera on the market with the most overall features and, by far, the best stabilization of any camera (even those with built in gimbal stabilizers... And I know because I've owned, used, and returned one).

Considering there are several 3rd party remotes that work with GoPro cameras https://www.iamgopro.com/best-gopro-remote/ , if also say everything else you said is complete nonsense.

More likely, GoPro looked at the number of people using the Apple watch app and since not many people were using it, and because they had to make cuts in staff (the "greedy" company you speak of hasn't had an annual profit in many years), the developers working on the app where let go.

Since GoPro did make a profit last quarter (although not for the entire year), it's possible they may be able to budget for allocating resources to the Apple Watch app again. They are having an earnings call on May 9th, so perhaps they will give some guidance on this. At this point, I think it would be foolish to do so, even if they are profitable, but perhaps if enough people give feedback requesting the app, they might.
https://gopro.com/feedback
Sightseer

GoPro trying to push those remote sales... there you go I said it.
Tourist

The watch app was removed to protect the sales of the GoPro remote they sell.
Highlighted
Explorer

No it wasn't.
Tourist

It absolutely was.
Explorer

No, it absolutely wasn't. But if it makes you feel better, sure.

Of course, GoPro downsizing and laying off hundreds of developers (they haven't made a yearly profit for several years) has nothing to do with it. I'm sure it's all just a huge conspiracy to increase sales in a low margin accessory.
Tourist

Just telling it how it is. They’re supporting the app and the watch isn’t that much more effort. You don’t even need a different team to do it. I develop for all Mac platforms.

Protecting a revenue producing item to shore up the bottom line is a good tactic.

But hey, if it makes you feel better not knowing what you’re talking about, feel free to continue responding.
Explorer

If you were Remotely close, it would be worth continuing the conversation.