Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Apple watch app disappeared

where did the finacial earnings speak about the watch app.. didn't catch that clip...

Lets be adults and stay on topic...

We get it... Google search is amazing.

Tourist

“We expect to achieve profitability in Q4 and for the second-half of 2018, and exit the year with low channel inventory to be well positioned for Q1 2019." This was from the CEO, and if you actually read the finanacial statement and look where they have cut costs...anything after August 2018 (when they released the Hero 7) so in Q-4 of 2018 aka September (after August like my original claim was) they will once the numbers come out have regained profitability....like I said read the actual financial statement yes Q4 numbers are not technically out but it is very easy to see with the cuts they have made and revenue they have made that yes all of Q4 2018 was in fact. Did you even read that?
Highlighted
Tourist

As much as you would like to skew the argument into us being sympathetic to gopros position of not being profitable, you were even incorrect about that. I just don’t see what you’re defending at this time tbh
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@quickdusk8252
First, the fact that you keep focusing on winning the argument as to whether or not GoPro is profitable just affirms that you agree, if they are not, it justifies cutting the Apple watch app. If not, why do you keep arguing this point?

Second, GoPro has been saying in every quarterly report that they expect to return to profitability in 20XX. With the HERO7 Black's success, I won't be surprised if they finally do. But, even if that is the case, as a company you don't just say, "Well, we did it! Now let's burn through all this new cash re-hiring all the people we fired and start doing the things that were losing is money!" 😂🤣

To sum up. GoPro had an app for the Apple watch. GoPro made cuts to the company in an effort to return to profitability. It appears that the app was cut during this time. GoPro is not currently developing the app.

Hiker

i whole heartedly regret the above statement..... i was upset... i should have never used the word sales- and furthermore- my statement is not accurate.... i just want the watch app back...thats all... WHERE IS THE LOVE
GoPro

We'll send your feedback to our team @mattj1320,

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Seconded! 
Im boggled that it doesnt have an app.

I snowboard and wakeboard, I don't need to be taking off my gloves and digging through my coat in sub zero temps to find my phone or trying to bring my phone out on the lake and finding room ffor it in bikini hoping i dont drop it in the water when im wearing a perfectly capable and accessable accessory on my wrist. 

How is this not an option considering that so many people use these cameras for activities where they wouldn't want to have to get their phone? 
Come on gopro!  

Sightseer

It is a good reason to not upgrade my hero 5 Black or buy other device from this company. For next ski seanson I must find some other camera.