Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Apple watch app disappeared

Why would GoPro stop supporting the Apple Watch App.  It is a perfect additon to the camera control, especially on the track.

The previous repsonce that it is no longer supported was weak!  Please bring the app back or expalin the reason for not.

Thank you

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried to solve that problem with GoPro support couple of weeks ago and they just asked me to re-install the app, re-connect the camera etc. etc. they even didn't know that THEIR app for Apple watch doesn't exist anymore. I wasted over 1 hour on chat without getting any solution.

Apple Watch app was one of the main reasons I bought GoPro Black 7. Cannot believe taht company as big as GoPro cannot put their sh*t together and make simple app for smartwatch. At least explain why it is so hard for you guys. From my point of view it's bit disrespectful. 

You can add another disappointed customer to your list.. (probably you don't care about that anyway). I've been using GoPro cameras since number 3 but it looks like number 7 will be the last one. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

GoPro had been downsizing to return to profitability. Most likely they looked at the number of people using the Apple watch app, considered the cost of continuing to develope and support it, and determined that it was too costly. I don't know why this makes you feel "disrespected" but it's not an affront directed at you.

This might come as a big surprise, but GoPro is a company. Not only that, they are publicly traded. There responsibility is to serve the share holders as well as their customers. Since GoPro has not made a profit in the last several years, they are required to make cuts to non essential departments. With less than one thousand employees world wide, they aren't that big to begin with.

GoPro knows exactly how many people have downloaded and are using the watch app. They wouldn't have discontinued it if it was a widely used app. However, with that being said, I'm sure that if they can return to profitability, there is a very good chance that the resources will be made available to continue the app again.
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro actually returned to profitability with a 4.7% rev increase in August of 2018. So this statement is wrong.
Highlighted
Hiker

? the stock was Just shy of $87 a share at the end of 2014... it is now $4.91..... And april 2018 is almost a year ago.. Not sure where you are going with this...

But they had an App, it was Quirky- Instead of Fixing the App ( i am certain that is much easier said than done)- it has been pulled.

Also the remo has been pulled- due to the batteries failing (they do work like champions when they are in good working order)

Which Leaves the Wifi remote-Which seems to work best with a hero 4 as opposed to the 7

If they have an app that will act as a remote, which has been removed, but sell a product that is a remote....

maybe the right answer was charging $5 for the app to support th R&D....

Highlighted
Tourist

I would pay $ 5.00 for the Watch App.  I currently use two cameras for my Track Car.  A Hero Sessions and

and a hero 6 black.  I find both of the camera's hard to opperate ( especially the Hero Sessions).  I do have a

remote.  The watch would have been perfect to control the 6 ( while using the remote for the Session).  I can not access my phone while being strapped in my harness, but I could utilize the remote and the watch.

Highlighted
Explorer

My Smart Remote and the original GoPro remote work fine with all of my GoPro cameras, including HERO5/6/7 and Fusion.

@quickdusk8252 GoPro reported a Net loss of 37 million in August of 2018. Revenue for Q2 2018 was $283 million, down 5% year-over-year and up 40% quarter-over-quarter.

https://investor.gopro.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/GoPro-Announces-Second-Quarter-...
Highlighted
Explorer

$5 $10 $100
How many downloads and at what price will pay for hiring quality engineers, pay their salary, pay their health benefits, pay their 401K, pay for working space, pay for free food, which GoPro provides it's employees, pay vacations, and pay to keep them from going to another software company?