Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

App/Cam Issue?

[ New ]

Hi team/community,

I have issues loading two specific files that are 4, and 7 minutes long. I can view on the GoPro itself, but the app crashes on my iPhone 8 when trying to view (low res preview). When trying to download the media instead of viewing, at 99%, it crashes. Both software is up to date. I can see, edit, render the same video quality when it's smaller. Actually, even 8 min worked yesterday. There's a specific video I shot today though that I really want from this morning. I bought the new Gopro yesterday. 

Any ideas, I'm quite lost. I just bought the GoPro and received it yesterday

GoPro Max

Tourist

Re: App/Cam Issue?

[ New ]

PS: I've tried most of the solutions I found.

-clearing cache

-closing all my apps

-yes there's more than adequate space on my phone

-restarting both devices

-tried using a different device (iPhone 11)

-I don't have an issue with viewing/dl'ing other files of the same quality or different. The videos I shot that aren't loading were 360 @ 3k 60 FPS. I can access older and newer videos at 30 fps & 60 fps. Just not those two for some reason

-Correction: it does not stop at 99% when trying to move to the app, it goes to 100%, saving, then crash. & if I attempt to play the video, the screen turns black, reflects the "low res preview" label on top, and after half a second, crashes. 

-I tried using different apps on my desktop, but they don't recognize the MAX files. 

Tourist

[ New ]
-Just tried renaming the file
-Tried reformatting the SD card
-Tried reinstalling the app
Tourist

[ New ]
-SD Card: SanDisk Extreme microSD UHS-I Card - 128GB
Tourist

[ New ]
Only thing I can think of is possible overheating? But these videos were taken at around 7am. They are mounted on my fuel tank on my motorcycle, so slight vibrations, and minimal airflow.

This happened again today. On a 15 min commute, it cut the video in half, and one half has the same problem.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @massew

Thank you for the details you have shared.

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App.

See if the new version helps.

If you have access to another phone, kindly try pairing the camera and see if the same is observed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej