Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Anyone having issues contacting GoPro Support?

Same for me. They called me back last night at 9:15pm. Luckily I had my phone nearby. I told them off for their terrible customer service. The woman said, "We've had a great volume of calls recently," and my thought was like yeah, shouldn't that be a sign that 1) you have bad customer service and need more representatives and 2) there are obviously way too many issues with your products!

Finally got the return form and planning on returning the camera today. So frustrated though. Never buying a GoPro again, that's for sure.

Highlighted
Tourist

well, they laid off 25% of their staff and so far only slowed the speed of decline. Hope they accomplish a turn around - but obviously not there yet.

Highlighted
Tourist

So I did want to give an update as the experience was less than acceptable in my mind for a premium brand such as gopro.

• My Hero4 Silver bezel had cracked and was within the warranty period.
  • I tried calling support (as all of you have) and I waited on hold for multiple days.
  • I reached out via twitter, Facebook, Instagram and everything else and never heard anything back from anyone @ gopro.
  • Finally on day 4 of calling support someone picked up.  (Fishy here was helpful in some of his posts back to me so THANK YOU!)
  • I didnt let her get off the phone until we were complete and we sent emails back and forth of photos of the bezel as well as proof of purchase.  She tried backing out of the call a few times and I politely explained that I had been trying for 4 days and please hang in with me so that I dont need to call back.
  • She did and sent me an RMA.
  • I packed up the gopro and shipped it per all of the instructions. 
  • When I got a tracking number, I sent an email to the case with the email that said to reply if there are any issues.
  • I then got a return email right away saying THE CASE WAS CLOSED.
  • Getting a hold of support again was impossible so I just waited.
  • Today I got my replacement camera, but have not attempted to use it yet and I hope that it works because I will not go through this again.

I have all of this documented if Gopro wanted to contact me, but I doubt they will as they have not about anything yet.  I used to be a stock holder, but now have sold that because my belief is this brand cannot survive with this kind of support.  I do not think I will be buying another gopro as there are other choices out there now that are very competetive and less costly.

Thank you everyone here for actually responding.

Highlighted
Tourist

The Customer Support team is nice and friendly. They went above and beyond to take care of my case. Getting in contact with Customer Support was very frustrating: hours on hold and hours trying to get an online chat. However, 100% of the people I talked to via the phone or chat were professional and courteous.  I was vocal about the frustrations and I was skeptical about how it would turn out, but GoPro treated me very fairly in the end.  So, in my case, can complain about slowness, but not fairness.  They kept me as a GoPro supporter.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have been trying to contact GoPro customer support for a month.  I need to use my action camera regularly.  I gave up for now on getting my GoPro repaired because I am unable to talk to anyone about sending it in for repairs.

I bought a Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 to replace my broken HERO4 Black and I am very happy with it.  Garmin's customer support answers the phone right away and is very responsive.

Maybe when I retire I will have time to sit by my phone all day on hold until GoPro decides to pick up, so that I can send my HERO4 in for repair.  However, I am not retiring very soon.  I wonder if a company that doesn't have any regard for its customers will still be in business a few years from now.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I am having the same issue I can't contact Gopro support, I am from Philippines and the only support I can have is online chat but it always says its unavailable for me. What can I do with this
Highlighted
Tourist

The only way I succeeded was to try the online chat.  I'd try for a couple hours at a time.  Ultimately, someone would answer and they were always helpful.  I could complain about the time it took to connect, but once connected, they were always helpful.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I should update. I was so frustrated trying to get through to customer service this summer. It was terrible. I waited on hold for 2 hours before I finally talked to someone. From that point it was super easy to get a new replacement go pro. She gave me a case number and an email and it was easy to communicate.
The new go pro (Hero 4) works great and we are back in business.