Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Anyone had any luck with the Trade-Up program?

I placed my "Trade-Up" order on the 11th of April.  I got an email from the system saying that I'd be getting an email with the shipping label to return my old GoPro camera with within an hour.

No email so on the 14th I called into the support line.  The rep I got was very good at reading his support "script", expressing how sorry he was that I was having the issue.  Basically, he said that they were very busy with a lot of these upgrade orders and would be sending out the email soon.

I did get an email later that day with what was supposed to be a return shipping label attached.  The attachment was a PNG file that had no data in it.  And of course, the email comes from "noreplay@gopro.com" so you can't reply back and say "hey the file is corrupt" so I had to call into support again.

Second person said "Oh, very sorry your having this issue" and reported that a ticket would be opened alerting someone that the shipping label attachment was corrupt.

Today, (19th) I get another email with an attachment that is at least named "shippinglabel.png" but it's also an empty file just like the first one.

Called support again (I've tried the chat function on the website, but have never found a time when a chat rep was available) and got tired of holding so I did the "call me back" thing.  Still waiting for a callback.

I want SO badly for GoPro to get their act together!!!  I love the camera's and I own some GoPro stock (taken a bath on that so far but maybe someday it will be worth what I paid for it), but they just can't seem to get it together.  Or am I the only one having issues with an upgrade order?

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Anyone had any luck with the Trade-Up program?

[ Edited ]

Same issue here with the same results.

The company has some serious issues, I bought a Karma grip on the 27th of March after a week it would vibrate like crazy when in use. I call up support and they asked me to send it in and they will swap it for a new one. They received the item on the 13th and as of a few moments ago they still haven't shipped out my replacement and they have no idea when it will ship. The phone support women was very nice and well scripted but provided no help other than an apology.

So I can't buy the product they advertised and I can't use the product I have bought from them 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@redrockoutdoors - We have had some issues getting the shipping labels out. We're addressing those issues and should have them resolved soon.

Jeff

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@murchman - Sorry about the delay. Looks like we're just waiting for confirmation that the Grip you returned has been received. Hopefully we'll have an update for you soon.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same here! I received an email with an empty attachement for my return shipping label. Called them and was told they were having issues. I should receive another email with a shipping label within 1 hour. No email so I called again later that evening. You should recieve anothe email with the return label within 24 hours. Nope, nothing!

I'm starting to think it's a scam!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am on my fourth try to get a label that I can print, I have spent over 2 hours on hold or dealing with this and been incedibly frustrated with the phone service provided.  At this point, the money saved by trading in has been negated by the lost time.  I would be happy to pay the postage myself to just return the camera and be done with this.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

re the Trade Up Program..

A big BUST for me also.  Not worth the hassle anymore.  Ordered and paid for the trade up and didnt get mailing label attached to email, same as others are reporting.  NO chat support.  45 mins for a call back and given the script treatment.  I told them to cancel my order and they said they would confirm with an email.  Still no email confirmation.

Yi Lost me GOPRO. There are very competitive options out there to the Hero 5 Black. 

Ill check my credit card to make sure they are not trying to save this sinking ship with my money.

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefftthanks for the update but the phone people said they showed they received it last week. If I had known it would take this long I would have just returned it and ordered another one but instead I thought GoPro would do right and get it to me just as fast as ordering another one.