Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Any way to keep the max camera pointed forward?

Hello,

When i am riding my mountain bike and have the max in 360 mode, if i take a 180 degree turn, then the camera turns and looks at me instread of staying straight ahead, and i have to manuall turn it back in post, which is a huge headache.  it also doesn't keep the horizon straight.  any fix to this?  

i've been running it in hero mode, and i like it, but what is the point?  if that is how i can only make it work may as well send it back.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Any way to keep the max camera pointed forward?

I am really hurting for this feature too. I mounted the MAX to a car for a hyperlapse of a road trip and the smoothing had the car swinging around in the frame like crazy. I really wish they had a way to disable this so mounting it to a vehicle can lock the orientation. Especially once track season starts again!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just found the ability ot disable it in the video options. Strange that I scoured every possible menu before and didn't see it. New firmware update maybe?

Highlighted
Nomad

Do you mind sharing the settings with us...would also like to enable this feature....